Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR605 Wii Connection Problem

3 posters

Go down

TX-SR605 Wii Connection Problem Empty TX-SR605 Wii Connection Problem

Post  captsteve Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:33 pm

When I connected my Wii to the Game input on the TX-SR605, it worked. The next time I turned the system on, it sorta worked in that instead of a clear picture, the picture looked like it had a loose connection. After it was on for a time (about 10 minutes) the picture went blank but I still had sound, and I had to turn the 605 off and on again, but then it all I was getting was some green lines on the screen. When I was turning it off and on, I'm not sure if I am going to get the picture or not. Sound has never been a problem. I disconnected the Wii from the 605 and connected it directly to the TV and it worked fine. Connected it back to the 605 and had the same problem.

captsteve

Back to top Go down

TX-SR605 Wii Connection Problem Empty Re: TX-SR605 Wii Connection Problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi captsteve,
Since you connected the wii to the tv and there was no problem the issue could possible be with the receiver. There are 2 things I would like for you to try:
1. Can you try a new or different cable to connect the wii to the receiver?
2. Can you plug the Wii into a different component input on the back of the receiver?
After you have tested these if the issue is not resolved we will try to troubleshoot the situation further. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR605 Wii Connection Problem Empty Thanks for connecting with me

Post  captsteve Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:59 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi captsteve,
Since you connected the wii to the tv and there was no problem the issue could possible be with the receiver. There are 2 things I would like for you to try:
1. Can you try a new or different cable to connect the wii to the receiver?
2. Can you plug the Wii into a different component input on the back of the receiver?
After you have tested these if the issue is not resolved we will try to troubleshoot the situation further. Thank you!

I will need to buy a new cable in order to test the first request. The Wii has a specialized connector that connects to the Wii and then turns into 3 RCA plugs (Composite).
On #2, I tried it in the AUX input and the GAME input with the same results on both.

captsteve

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:04 am

Hi Hi captsteve,
Yes you are correctr; I forgot that the wii has a special cable. The next step I would like for you to try is a factory reset on your unit. Please read our blog post on the subject before doing so. It will give you all the information you need including how to do it: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/
Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-SR605 Wii Connection Problem Empty Wii issue with TX-SR605 Also issue with new Blu Ray Player and TX-SR605

Post  Limby Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:28 pm

I too am having the same issue. I have a Nintendo Wii hooked up to the Game/TV area of my TX-SX605. It worked for years, But now I just get audio. No video. and a blue screen. (1/100) times video. I unplugged Wil and ran directly into tv worked fine. Thoughts on solution? I will read the reset blog posted. just wondering if that solved the problem.

I recently purchased a Samsung BD-D6500 Blu Ray player to replace my Onkyo DV-SP405. Just unplugged the HDMI from the Onkyo and connected to the Samsung (still connected to the 605 via DVD. When I switch from watching tv to watching blu ray, I have no issue but when I switch from watching blu ray to TV, I get a disconnect anynet+ device on screen and it sends the tv to cable channel 2 and a screen of snow. I doesn't go back to the previous tv channel I was watching before switching to Blu Ray. Solutions?

Source output on my Samsung TV screen reads:

TV:
HDMI2/DVI: Satellite STB
HDMI: BD Player
AV1:
AV2:
S-Video:
Component 1:
Component 2:
PC:
HDMI 1:
HDMI 3:
USB:

Using a Harmony One remote but have the Blu Ray issue whether I use remote or manual use buttons on receiver.

Limby

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi Limby,
I am looking into and will get back to you soon, thank you for your patience. (if you try the reset please let us know if that worked)
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down