Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR313 and FiOS HDTV Box Connection Problem

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR313 and FiOS HDTV Box Connection Problem Empty TX-SR313 and FiOS HDTV Box Connection Problem

Post  MarkVA Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 am

Folks,

I recently installed a home theater in the basement. The set-up consists of a Vizio 55" HDTV, an Onkyo TX-SR313, and a FiOS non-DVR HD box connected to the 313 with an HDMI cable. The problem I'm having is that every time I turn on the system, FiOS turns on with a screen telling me to set the television type (HD or SD) and to go into the video settings to set the television type permanently. I've done this repeatedly without success. Somehow, the FiOS box is losing the setting, but retains every other setting. Before the 313 arrived, I had plugged the FiOS box directly into the HDTV with an HDMI cable and did not have this problem.

FYI, upstairs, I have another HDTV set-up with a smaller Vizio, a FiOS box with DVR, and an Onkyo TX-SR607 and have never had this problem. In both of my setups, I connected the FiOS box to the Cable/Satellite input ("Cab/Sat") on the receiver and connect the Onkyo to the HDTV with the "HDMI Out" port.

I've replaced the HDMI cable with a brand new one just in case it was a data rate or bandwidth problem and the problem remained.

Do I need to change some settings or will I have to live with it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
MFM0924 is online now Report Post

MarkVA

Back to top Go down

TX-SR313 and FiOS HDTV Box Connection Problem Empty Re: TX-SR313 and FiOS HDTV Box Connection Problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi MarkVA,

Just as a test can you try and turn the RIHD off. To do this you go to setup ==> HDMI setup [enter] one of the first items is the HDMI control (RIHD).
Also have you contacted Fios to see if they have had any issues with any incompatibilities with other manufacturers?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR313 and FiOS HDTV Box Connection Problem Empty Re: TX-SR313 and FiOS HDTV Box Connection Problem

Post  MarkVA Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Folks -- Thanks very much for getting back to me. I did have the RHID turned off. I looked at the FiOS customer support forum after I posted the message here. I didn't have to post a message because I found an entire thread dealing with this problem. Apparently, it is a Motorola problem (manufacturer of the FiOS HD/SD set top box) because the people who posted in the thread had many different types of AVRs and HDTVs.

The interesting thing was that FiOS would only PM people the fix and would not post the steps publicly. I haven't gotten my PM yet.

Thanks again for your prompt help. I've owned Onkyo products since the early 1990s and am very pleased with the quality and the acoustic capabilities.

MarkVA

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi MarkVA,

We are glad you found this information as it may help others in your situation. Again thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down