Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Component Video on TX-SR605

2 posters

Go down

Problem with Component Video on TX-SR605 Empty Problem with Component Video on TX-SR605

Post  dalilama Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm having a problem with my tx-sr605. I have all component video sources and TV (yeah I know I should update), so I use all 3 component video inputs being switched to the 1080i input to my TV. Here are my picture symptoms:

- Blooms/flashes on scene changes with bright backgrounds.
- Jaggies / wavy lines through the picture during movement
- Sometime loss of sync on lower resolutions.

I bypassed the 605 and replayed the same scenes and the sources and TV are just fine. I also used the same cables.

It may be heat related to some extent since if I turn the 605 off and let it get cold, the video seems to be OK for a few mins then progressively gets worse.

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions!

dalilama

Back to top Go down

Problem with Component Video on TX-SR605 Empty Re: Problem with Component Video on TX-SR605

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi dalilama,

Is the receiver in a cabinet and do you have at least 8 inches clearance on top and 2 to 4 inches on the sides for ventilation? The reason I ask is because you informed that when the unit is cold it works.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Problem with Component Video on TX-SR605 Empty Re: Problem with Component Video on TX-SR605

Post  dalilama Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 pm

No, I don't have it in a cabinet so it has lots of airflow. It just gets worse as time goes on (5 mins or so).

dalilama

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi dalilama,

Have you tried a factory reset of the unit yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down