Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX NR616 HDMI Audio Pass Through Not Working

+10
svghio
bmentor
lastyear4gt
tgoodie
tkx1138
megabyzus
Guindalf
Cebs
OnkyoUSA
sranger3
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TX NR616 HDMI Audio Pass Through Not Working - Page 3 Empty Another solution to power cycling your receiver..

Post  FlyByNgt Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Check out my forum topic under

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t1508-tx-nr616-and-other-units-with-the-hdmi-pass-thru-not-working-after-shut-off-test-of-units-what-i-see-and-might-help-onkyo-s-service-also-info-on-onkyo-s-remote-app

Please post your results in that forum in hopes that it will help ONKYO to create a solution to this Pass-through situation on all receivers.

Hope it works, is no means a fix.. but you will not have to reset or unplug your units.

Thanks, FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX NR616 HDMI Audio Pass Through Not Working - Page 3 Empty I Have just added video's of how my TX-NR616 will pass-through after a few moments.

Post  FlyByNgt Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:18 am

I Have just added video's of how my TX-NR616 will pass-through after a about 4 to 6 minuts. Total videos so far uploaded 6. Check them out to see if your unit does the same. Please post your replies n that topic so Onkyo can maybe compile more info. Hope it helps in some way.

User FlyByNgt

Last edited by FlyByNgt on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update**)
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX NR616 HDMI Audio Pass Through Not Working - Page 3 Empty My issue not related to the HDMI issue - RESOLVED

Post  diamond204 Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Spoke to a helpful Onkyo tech this weekend (Shederick), and was able to resolve my audio issue.

As mentioned in my earlier post, my issue was related to my TV audio going into the receiver via an optical cable and after long standby, was not "waking up" until after I unplugged and then replugged in the unit.

The fix was to go into the settings, and then configure input. There was an Audio selector option (I am not in front of the unit right now so do not have specifics) that I went into and switched it from HDMI to optical. This seemed to have fixed my issue. I wish there was an "auto-detect", but unfortunately there is not. But it worked!

diamond204

Back to top Go down

TX NR616 HDMI Audio Pass Through Not Working - Page 3 Empty Re: TX NR616 HDMI Audio Pass Through Not Working

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Glad to read this has been resolved by our Product Support representative. If anyone has any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX NR616 HDMI Audio Pass Through Not Working - Page 3 Empty Re: TX NR616 HDMI Audio Pass Through Not Working

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3