Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Onkyo tx-sr605 and a power amp

2 posters

Go down

Using Onkyo tx-sr605 and a power amp Empty Using Onkyo tx-sr605 and a power amp

Post  Andysk Wed May 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi Everyone

I am hoping someone can help me with a question I have.

I own an Onkyo tx-sr605 at the moment and I am still pleased with it. I like listening to home theatre but i have also got into listening to good music as well and maybe want to add a pre phone amp and record player. . I would like to try and get some extra life from my system but don't have a lot of money so I am thinking of connecting a power amp.( Audiosource Amp 100n) In the manual it say that "The Onkyo has the capability to connect to a power amp through its zone 2 out puts" but I am wondering if the Zone 2 outputs can be programmed to work as main speakers in a multi channel set up? Will it make much difference?

i have a choice in going ahead and doing this or getting a phono pre amp and record player or going ahead and making my own cables that would be better then what I have.

My main speakers are Definitive Technology BP- 7004
BP 2X times 2 Pairs
CLR 2300
Paradigm Sub

Any input would be great

Thanks

Andysk

Back to top Go down

Using Onkyo tx-sr605 and a power amp Empty Re: Using Onkyo tx-sr605 and a power amp

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed May 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Andysk,

You may use the zone-2 line-out to connect a second amp if you want to have more then 2 speakers in zone-2 such as a whole house system or connect a speaker selector. The multichannel outs are for connecting a SACD player that has multichannel outputs.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down