Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx nr515 usa firmware?

+2
Otter0911
johnm
6 posters

Go down

tx nr515 usa firmware? Empty tx nr515 usa firmware?

Post  johnm Tue May 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Hello TX NR515 owners,

I just purchased the TX NR515 and I'm finding the on-screen interface lacking in many areas. I figured I would update the firmware to get the latest but find there is no firmware updates available for the USA based TX NR515. My unit shows the firmware version starts with 1030 and was wondering if any of other TX NR515 owners have a firmware newer then the 1030 release.

Couple of strange issues I've run into with the TX NR515 are:
No video on HDMI out to one of my TV's (moved to another tv and it worked)
No connection found for the TX NR515 using the android app (note my TX NR609 connects fine)

I called Onkyo support and was told there is no firmware update for my TX NR515 and also there is no information on a future firmware release date.

I'm comparing the functionality of my TX NR609 to this new TX NR515 and the TX NR515 functionality seems very lacking in comparison. I'm thinking about packing up the new TX NR515 and returning it for a different model.

johnm

Back to top Go down

tx nr515 usa firmware? Empty Re Firmware

Post  Otter0911 Wed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm

There was new firmware I think Onkyo pulled it...there is a problem with no video from HDMI main after unit in standby and the new firmware was supposed to fix that and the app issue. Maybe there is a prob with the firmware confused

Otter0911

Back to top Go down

tx nr515 usa firmware? Empty Re: tx nr515 usa firmware?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi Otter0911,

While true there was a firmware it was pulled due to technical issues we were having, As far as what kinds of issues that I can say as I do not know.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Wed May 30, 2012 9:03 pm

My 515 has been updated twice. These two updates have since been removed for unknown reasons. This is troubling. What does it mean for those of us that updated already? I will say I have not had the monitor out issue since the recent (removed) firmware release.

etw

Back to top Go down

tx nr515 usa firmware? Empty Thank you all for the firmware info.

Post  johnm Thu May 31, 2012 2:14 am

I'm still well within the return window on my TX-NR515. From what Ive been reading about the unit and the poor customer service I've received from Onkyo I think it a wise decision to rid myself of TX-NR515 while I still can.

On another note, my TX-NR609 has been great so maybe I'll go with another of last years technology and save a little money in the process.

Thanks.

johnm

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi johnm,

Please see my new thread on this matter.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NotInUse Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:40 pm

It would be VERY helpful to actually link to the "new thread".

It's not like many "hang out" here. I'm only here to solve a problem with the 515... I have no idea what "new thread" is being referred to.

NotInUse

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Apologies to NotInUse,

Here is the link in case you have not found it.

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t856-515-616-new-firmware-update
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi forum users,

We have discovered that the following receivers may have a firmware problem causing intermittent operational issues.
TX-NR414, HT-R758(HT-S6500)
TX-NR515, HT-RC460, HT-R791(HT-S7500), TX-NR616, HT-RC470
TX-NR717
TX-NR818
To resolve these potential issues please update your firmware to the latest version. This firmware version corrects the unexpected instances where a portion of the internal memory may stop working.
If your receiver is connected to your home network you will see the firmware update information on your TV monitor today (6/5/2012).
You may also download the firmware update from the Onkyo website via USB and update your receiver. The update via USB will be available on our website by the end of the week.
Caution
With this firmware update your receiver will be reset to factory settings. Please make a note of your settings and passwords before proceeding with this update process.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 am

Hi forum users,

We have pulled the recent 2012 firmware update to make further revisions to it based on customer feedback. We expect to re-release it very soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

tx nr515 usa firmware? Empty running out of time

Post  johnm Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello Okay support, my return window for this receiver is growing short so I must have a fix for the TX NR515 by the end of this week if I'm to keep the unit. I called your support line today and was informed that we'll need to wait yet another week with hopes that the next firmware update fixes the receivers problems Rolling Eyes . I really would like to keep the TX-NR515 if it can be fixed through a firmware update. Again, my time is almost up so if its not fixed by weeks end the receiver is heading back home.

johnm

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:01 pm

After all the debacles with firmware releases and pulls for these units, I'd rather Onkyo spend some time testing the upcoming software as opposed to rushing another buggy patch out.

etw

Back to top Go down

tx nr515 usa firmware? Empty time of release

Post  johnm Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi etw,

I am being a bit selfish here in pushing for a fix this week but as I've stated, my return window is closing. I could say nothing and just return the item for a refund or as I've done, push a little in hopes that these guys put in the extra hours and or bring in extra programming staff to get these problems resolved. I've worked in the software field for many years and I have seen and lived both sides of these types of issues. I understand they are pulling their hair out trying to get these problem resolved or at least they should be Question . My fear is the problems are not repairable through firmware and could be deeper rooted in a bad component. If that were the case and I hold onto the unit past the return window then I have a much bigger problem to deal with.

Just my personal situation.

johnm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guindalf Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:39 pm

I'd rather they got it right in the first place! We should not have to be beta testers for them!

My return window is getting smaller too, so my 616 is about to head back to the store. I don't want to, because a similarly featured receiver is going to cost in the region of $250 more and I really like the 616, but this is totally unacceptable. After all, we're talking about the ability to switch the unit on, not a fancy deep feature - it's not rocket science!

Why support a company that doesn't do its best to support its users?

Guindalf

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Forum users,

We have discovered that the following receivers may have a firmware problem causing intermittent operational issues.
TX-NR414, HT-R758 (HT-S6500)
TX-NR515, HT-RC460, HT-R791(HT-S7500), TX-NR616, HT-RC470
TX-NR717
TX-NR818
To resolve these potential issues please update your firmware to the latest version. This firmware version corrects the unexpected instances where a portion of the internal memory may stop working.
If your receiver is connected to your home network you will see the firmware update information on your TV tomorrow (6/8/2012).
You may also download the firmware update from the Onkyo website via USB. The update via USB will also be available on our website tomorrow (6/8/12).
CAUTION
WITH THIS FIRMWARE UPDATE YOUR RECEIVER WILL BE RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS. PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF YOUR SETTINGS AND PASSWORDS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS UPDATE.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down