Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now...

2 posters

Go down

Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now... Empty Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now...

Post  Onkyo_man Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Updating my TX-NR515 right now via USB, seems to be going smoothly. I'm following the directions to the letter so I'm keeping my fingers crossed;

To update the firmware of the AV receiver, you can choose from the following two methods: update via network,
or update via USB storage. Choose the one that best suits your environment. Before proceeding with the
update, please read the corresponding explanations carefully.
*****IMPORTANT*****
Update via network You will need a wired Internet connection to update the firmware.
Update via USB storage Please prepare a USB storage device such as a USB flash memory stick. You
need at least 32 MB of available space to update the firmware
Precautions for your Firmware Update

Please enter [NET] mode before starting the update.
The firmware update may fail if an external HDMI control signal is input during the update procedure. Please
be sure to turn off the HDMI control function (RIHD) on your A/V receiver before starting the update.
How to turn off RIHD:
In the Main menu select "Hardware Setup", then "HDMI".
Set " HDMI Control " to OFF

- The firmware update should take 15 to 40 minutes (depending on receiver model). Once the update begins,
don't turn off the power supply to the A/V receiver until it is time to restart it
- Depending on the conditions of the network, a firmware update via a network may take more than one hour or
even fail to finish. If the update is not completed within two hours, turn off the power supply by pushing the
ON/STANDBY button and then try updating again from the beginning
- Updating the firmware and adjusting the settings will be done automatically, but may take some time to
complete. Please follow the procedures as instructed when you update. Note that the update may fail, or cause
problems for your A/V receiver, if you do any of the following:
 Pull out the A/V receiver’s power cord;
 Interrupt the power supply to the A/V receiver (e.g. if the breaker is tripped or if there is an electrical
outage);
 Insert or remove the LAN cable from a device in your network when updating over a network;
 Insert or remove a USB memory device from the A/V receiver when updating via USB;
 Operate components connected to the A/V receiver via HDMI, such as a TV or a recording device.
If you see "No Update" on the front panel immediately after you have started the firmware update process, you
have the latest firmware. In this case it is not necessary to do this update.

Firmware Update for the TX-NR515, TX-NR616, HT-RC460
& HT-R791 (HT-S7500)
We are pleased to offer this firmware update for the best possible performance of your AV Receiver.
To check FW version, press the home button on the remote control. Highlight “F/W Update” or Firmware Update
icon and press enter. FW version will be displayed on the front panel and TV.

A firmware update is now available through the Network or USB connections.
Latest Firmware Version: 1130-9107-0300

The 7/24 /2012 update will address the following:
1. Supports Onkyo Remote2 for iOS version: 1.30 or later;
-Adds support for high end models & audio streaming from iOS device
2. Supports Onkyo Remote for Android version: 1.30 or later;
-Adds support for high end models
*it is also necessary to update the App
3. Improves operation of "Power on" of remote control
4. Adds support of Home Media Function (Samba Server); Playing music files like Apple Lossless via
network/USB becomes possible;
Additional Audio file format
■Apple Lossless (.m4a/.mp4/.M4A/.MP4)
Sampling rates of 8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 12 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 64 kHz,
88.2 kHz and 96 kHz are supported. Quantization bit: 16 bit, 24 bit
■DSD (.dsf or .DSF)
The sampling rate of 2.8224 MHz is supported.
■Dolby True HD (.vr/.mlp/.VR/.MLP)
Sampling rates of 48 kHz, 64 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz are supported.
Notice:
Limitation of when using UWF-1
1. Only 64 kHz and less sampling rate is supported; 2. Dolby TrueHD and DSD is not supported when using
Home Media Function; 3. Using at rear USB port is not supported when using Home Media Function

Onkyo_man

Back to top Go down

Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now... Empty update

Post  MusicLover Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:32 pm

please let us know how it goes...

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now... Empty Re: Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now...

Post  Onkyo_man Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Happy to report that it's not a brick! So far so good, but I haven't had a chance to test everything. Will report back over the weekend.

Onkyo_man

Back to top Go down

Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now... Empty update

Post  MusicLover Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:12 pm

please do post an update this weekend when you can test the features out from the new firmware.

I love the features and value of m NR616; and continue to perhaps foolishly have hope the problems we all know about are fixed in the July 24 firmware (which I have not yet done)

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now... Empty Re: Updating my TX-NR515 with the 7/24 firmware right now...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down