Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR509 Stuck in Now Initializing during FW update

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR509 Stuck in Now Initializing during FW update Empty TX-NR509 Stuck in Now Initializing during FW update

Post  wlm29 Fri May 25, 2012 1:15 am

Last night my 509 was working perfectly while playing music from rhapsody, and then suddenly it stopped, and began displaying the Now Initializing screen. I cannot get around this when attempting to access the NET feature. When I try to play anything over my aios media player now, the sound is stuck at very low, no matter how high I turn up volume. I decided to see if the latest update would work, and as soon as I plugged in my usb drive into the receiver, it started the Now Initializing again. From what I've seen so far, it means the unit itself is defective. Is there any way around this??

wlm29

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 Stuck in Now Initializing during FW update Empty Re: TX-NR509 Stuck in Now Initializing during FW update

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi wlm29,

Please remove the plug from the wall outlet and wait 10 minutes then plug it back in and do a factory reset and retry the firmware update via USB and see if that works. Information on the reset can be found in the manual on page 59.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 Stuck in Now Initializing during FW update Empty Re: TX-NR509 Stuck in Now Initializing during FW update

Post  wlm29 Fri May 25, 2012 4:41 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi wlm29,

Please remove the plug from the wall outlet and wait 10 minutes then plug it back in and do a factory reset and retry the firmware update via USB and see if that works. Information on the reset can be found in the manual on page 59.

I will try this, thank you.

wlm29

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi wlm29,

Please let me know how it works out.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wlm29 Fri May 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Amazingly, after I unplugged it for 10 minutes, powered it back on, everything began working properly again. I'm wondering if I should update the firmware or not. It is currently at 103, and I believe the latest is 109, correct?

wlm29

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 29, 2012 10:58 am

Hi wlm29,

That's great that it worked for you. The latest firmware is 103 according to the instructions in the update.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down