Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-8050 firmware source code

2 posters

Go down

TX-8050 firmware source code Empty TX-8050 firmware source code

Post  sichbo Mon May 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Hey folks,

Thanks for creating a great DLNA capable device at this low price point. It's exactly what I was hunting for, but the networking stack in the TX-8050 v1041 firmware is a bit buggy. Every net source (DLNA, slacker, etc, but not vtuner since it typically sits on a single feed with no additional RTP/HTTP handshakes) intermittently locks up and the only fix is to power cycle the unit. Getting a bit tired of yanking the power plug 3-5 times a day. Also about 50% of the tracks buffered via Slacker or Last.fm result in a 'cannot play' state, after buffering up to 100%. DLNA tracks will exhibit the same notice once the networking stack has been hosed.. reckon maybe the two issues are going to be related.

Happy to try debug/fix these software glitches on my own. Is the source code up on an ftp somewhere?

sichbo

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 firmware source code Empty Re: TX-8050 firmware source code

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi sichbo,

Thank you for the offer but as you know we can not give out proprietary information on the source code. I will forward this information to our engineering department to see if they have any resolutions for you. Again thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down