Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch 1 hdmi source while listening to other hdmi audio source?

2 posters

Go down

Watch 1 hdmi source while listening to other hdmi audio source? Empty Watch 1 hdmi source while listening to other hdmi audio source?

Post  azdave7042 Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:12 pm

I just got my tx-nr809. I have 4 hdmi inputs connected (directv hr20-700, ps3, apple tv, lg blu-ray). I want to watch the video from directv hdmi (cbl/sat) and listen to audio music from apple tv (pc).

Can this be done and if so how do you do this?

Thanks,

I'm a newbie with Onkyo products but so far love this receiver.

PS. I have a 5.1 setup and am using zone 2 to power some outside speakers. It seems i can only output analog sources to zone 2. I found this in the manual. Can I just hook up the Composite audio cable from each hdmi source to the respective analog inputs for the zone 2 output or will that force the receiver to use the analog inputs for all audio including the main zone?

azdave7042

Back to top Go down

Watch 1 hdmi source while listening to other hdmi audio source? Empty Re: Watch 1 hdmi source while listening to other hdmi audio source?

Post  Robisan Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Similarly, is there a way to watch video from Cab/Sat while getting audio from AM/FM tuner? E.g., Watch sporting event on TV while listening to radio broadcast of the same event. Thanks.

Robisan

Back to top Go down

Watch 1 hdmi source while listening to other hdmi audio source? Empty Re: Watch 1 hdmi source while listening to other hdmi audio source?

Post  azdave7042 Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Watching any hdmi video source and listening to the tuner is possible. Just set the input to cbl/sat. Then press tuner on the remote. The screen should blip green an couple of times but then return to the video of cbl/sat. Audio will now be on tuner.

Hope this helps.

azdave7042

Back to top Go down

Post  Robisan Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:59 pm

azdave7042 wrote:Watching any hdmi video source and listening to the tuner is possible. Just set the input to cbl/sat. Then press tuner on the remote. The screen should blip green an couple of times but then return to the video of cbl/sat. Audio will now be on tuner.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Robisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down