Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR807 supposedly fixed but still not working

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR807 supposedly fixed but still not working Empty TX-NR807 supposedly fixed but still not working

Post  AlCanada Mon May 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Hello: I have a TX-NR807 which a few weeks ago lost all sound and network connection. I also had some issues with my Motorola 6416 HD PVR rebooting itself which I believed at that time was unrelated to the NR807 problem. The good people at Onkyo seemed to be aware of this sound and network problem, and issued me a RA to have the problem fixed. After in the shop for 2 weeks I finally got it back and today embarked on the task of hooking everything up. (I would like to point out that Everything ran flawlessly for 2 years, no problems. Then the reboots on the cable box.. no sound and no network occured) While the NR807 was in the shop I had the Motorola 6416 hooked directly to my Sharp TV and no reboots of the box occured in that 2 week period. Well today I hooked everything up carefully following the manual like a bible. We tested everything thoroughly before setting everything back in its cabinet. Network worked... sound was back.. all speakers worked.. Ipod worked. Then less than 1 hour later it started again. The cable box started rebooting.. green screen then blue screen.. then a total power off and on, all by itself. The sound is still ok... the network is still there... ipod is still working.. now it's just the cable box rebooting. It has happened about 13 times in the past 3 hours. I believe this to be some kind of HDMI problem. I have the cable box going into the NR807 and then out to the TV There was no issue of this happening when the NR807 was removed from the setup.
The tech who fixed it said he replaced IC's, and it solved everything except this problem.
Anyone else have this issue ?
Thanks in advance

AlCanada

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 supposedly fixed but still not working Empty Re: TX-NR807 supposedly fixed but still not working

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi AlCanada,

Please contact our product support department so they may assist you further on this matter.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down