Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR807 Dead after being fixed...

Go down

TX-NR807 Dead after being fixed... Empty TX-NR807 Dead after being fixed...

Post  stocsk001 Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:46 am

So here's the problem... I bought this receiver based on it reviews back in March of 2010. March 2012 rolls around and my receiver decides that it doesn't want to to work anymore. Called Onkyo support, sat on hold for quite a while, talked to someone about my sound issue and he told me to email a copy of my receipt and the description of my problem to onkyo service. Did this and got a 'One time warranty repair' because I was two weeks out of my warranty. Took my unit to the repair shop (45 mins) away to be serviced, was told that this is an issue with these models and said that it shouldn't be a problem getting it fixed. I did notice two other receivers there as well... So I got a call from my service guy 3 weeks later and he said that everything is good, it's working and he had to replace the HDMI board. Great I thought until my wife calls me tonight saying the receiver is acting up again! So what is supposed to happen now...I've heard and read that to repair this is expensive, but what is onkyo going to do..., I got a one time fix so now I have to take my receiver in every 6 months to be serviced and pay out the a!@#!!! Hopefully this can be resolved or I'll have a pretty expensive paper weight in my audio cabinet...

stocsk001

Back to top Go down