Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR308 Defaults to TV/CD!

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR308 Defaults to TV/CD! Empty TX-SR308 Defaults to TV/CD!

Post  darth Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi, My TV (Samsung) is connected to the TX using the Anynet+ system, and most things work great... But when I press the ON button on the TVs remote, the amp switches on okay, briefly shows CBL/SAT on the display, then goes to the default TV/CD - which of course means I have no sound!

I've spoken to the guys at tech. support (who are amazingly helpful and generally very knowledgeable), but they think the TX-SR308 cannot be changed so that it's default is CBL/SAT (which is the input the HDMI is plugged into from the TV).

I'm hoping someone here knows different, as it's annoying to have to switch over each time I turn on the TV.

Regards in advance, darth.

darth

Back to top Go down

TX-SR308 Defaults to TV/CD! Empty FIXED!!!!!

Post  darth Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:36 am

I have fixed the problem (with help from Badger0-0 on the avforums.com site.

My settings were exactly as they are on Page 29 of the manual (except GAME is -----), so that wasn't the problem.

In a roundabout way though, he led me to fix the problem... What I did was the opposite of what he thought (as did I, having read the manual from cover to cover).

I set CBL/SAT to -----, and set TV/CD to HDMI2. Even though the cable from the satellite box is plugged into the CBL/SAT input port on the rear, this now works! When I switch on the TV using it's remote, the amp switches on (and to it's default of TV/CD), and I have sound from the 5.1 speakers!!!! Very Happy

darth.

P.S. I had a reply from Onkyo stating that the default could not be changed. What they did not tell me was how to get round the problem - as I've described above!

darth

Back to top Go down

TX-SR308 Defaults to TV/CD! Empty Re: TX-SR308 Defaults to TV/CD!

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 am

Great, we are glad you were able to fix the issue. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR308 Defaults to TV/CD! Empty Re: TX-SR308 Defaults to TV/CD!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down