Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX NR809 Can't use HDMI for Zone 2?

2 posters

Go down

TX NR809 Can't use HDMI for Zone 2? Empty TX NR809 Can't use HDMI for Zone 2?

Post  jubilee62 Wed May 09, 2012 10:26 am

I was disappointed to find I cant use just hdmi from one of the two hdmi outputs to Zone 2! So I got a cable guy who connected also analog cable and I still cant get sound for zone 2 even though the receiver says zone 2 on it. I tried also pushing zone 2 on the remote and receiver - still no zone 2 sound. I have an infra red kit attached.

Questions:
1) When will new models be coming out that offer hdmi connection only for zone 2? How do I find out about new models?
2) Will a media server work to connect zone 2 via hdmi only?
3) what is the difference between the 809 model and the 818 model?
4) does any Onkyo receiver offer better zone 2 connectivity - I find the remotes annoying to say the least. They simply do not work to activate zone 2!

Thanks

John in Australia

jubilee62

Back to top Go down

TX NR809 Can't use HDMI for Zone 2? Empty Re: TX NR809 Can't use HDMI for Zone 2?

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed May 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi jubilee62,

Our new model line starting with the TX-NR515 has dual HDMI outputs that you may use for zone-2 but keep in mind that even in this setup you still need analog audio for zone-2.
Answer to question number 2 - Media servers do work on our units but it has been tested over HDMI at this time.
Answer to question number 3 - There really is no information on the 818 as of yet only what's currently on our website. In order to do a complete comparison I would need the manual which is not available.
Answer to question number 4 - All of zone-2/3 are all the same, one is not better then the other.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down