Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA

3 posters

Go down

Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA Empty Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA

Post  bluetoffee316 Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:50 pm

I am trying to avoid having to mux containers and do transcoding for streamed content, and also to avoid having to use dedicated media devices to play specific media formats. Where do I find what streamed formats are supported for each networked Onkyo Receiver.

Specifically right now, I need to know for each networked Onkyo Receiver whether it is possible to:

1. Stream video and/or audio from a DLNA certified NAS device (in my case a Synology NAS) using an MKV container
2. Play streamed MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 video from the MKV container
3. Play streamed English AC3 128 kbps 48000 Hz 2 channel audio from the MKV container

Obviously I have an interested in other formats and overall flexibility going forwards, so help on how to find this out for myself going forwards would be more beneficial than just Yes/No answers.

My price range is likely to be receivers in the TX-NR609 to TX-NR809 range, but I might consider higher levels for added value.

Thank You

Last edited by bluetoffee316 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification and budget)

bluetoffee316

Back to top Go down

Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA Empty Video streaming not supported in any model?

Post  bluetoffee316 Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:17 pm

After digging a little deeper I think the answer is that video streaming is not supported, and I will need a media device to do this.
Does anyone know if this is something that Onkyo would ever even try and support in any way?

bluetoffee316

Back to top Go down

Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA Empty Re: Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi bluetoffee316,
You will receive an answer shortly. Thank you for your patience!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA Empty Re: Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi bluetoffee316,
Please check either the 1009,3009 or 5009 for the formats because they decode different types. You can find that information in the owners manuals which can be downloaded on our website. To learn where/how to download a manual please check out our blog post on the subject: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/owner%e2%80%99s-manuals/
Thank you for contacting Onkyo via our Forum!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Streaming to networked Onkyo Receivers e.g. MKV (MP4 & AC-3) over DLNA Empty Video streaming

Post  salcio Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:40 am

So does it mean that Tx-nr609 cannot play streamed videos even if it supports Dlna ?

salcio

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi salcio,

Unfortunately you can only stream audio files over the DLNA.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down