Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music

3 posters

Go down

Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music Empty Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music

Post  PETStech Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:44 am

Yesterday I installed version 1.30 of Remote 2 on my iPod (iOS 5.1.1) and am using an ASUS USB BT211 Dongle in my new TX-NR717 (rear port).

Among other things, the TV and cable box controls on the app do not work (I entered the codes for them on the TX remote and they do work with it) and, when I try to stream music from my iPod using the Remote 2, I can select an album, but the selections will not play (on each press of the play button the album cover image rotates, but nothing else happens). This problem has been reported by others on Onkyo's European Facebook site. BTW, the very same problem occurs with the Integra app.
PETStech
PETStech

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music Empty Re: Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate representatives and department for further review and research. Thank you again for your input; as someone from the Engineering department will research your suggestion; so please periodically check our PRESS RELEASES for any further information regarding the implementation of any F/W update to resolve this issue/inquiry.

Thank you;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music Empty Remote2 1.4 for iPod

Post  PETStech Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm

I just updated the Onkyo Remote 2 to version 1.40 (from Apple) on my iPod (iOS 6.0.0). It still has the same problem: It will not play a selection; when I click the play button, the album cover image rotates but it never begins playing. I can drag the progress slider midway and the playing time changes, but one second later the slider snaps back and the time returns to 00:00:00.

PETStech
PETStech

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music Empty Re: Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm

I apologize but I just noticed that you are attempting to use a non-Onkyo Bluetooth USB adapter to complete this and this is NOT supported for operational use on our 2012 Onkyo models. Only the UBT-1 USB Bluetooth adapter is officially supported to work with the receiver; as we have already tested and confirmed its connectivity with the TX-NR 717 receiver and other 2012 model receivers. We do not support the use of your ASUS USB BT211 Dongle for this function- and would recommend you utilize the Onkyo UBT-1 device from iPod music streaming.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music Empty Troubleshooting Remote 2, v. 1.40 (iOS 6.0)

Post  PETStech Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Respectfully, I contend that the problems I am encountering are not related to the dongle I'm using, for I can remotely control the Onkyo TX-NR717 with it. However, I can or cannot do so under certain circumstances documented, below.

In sum, there is a problem in the Remote 2 programming and interaction with the iPod's Bluetooth functionality. The Remote 2 Bluetooth connection does not appear in the iPod Bluetooth setup. However, if another Bluetooth device is paired with the iPod, neither the Remote 2 nor iPod Bluetooth connectivity function properly.

Following are my rather sparse troubleshooting notes:

Problem #1

If a wireless headset is paired with the iPod , and
if the sequence Main -> NET -> DLNA -> [Stream Music] is entered on Remote 2, and
an album and track #1 are selected,
then the track will not play, but every ten seconds, Remote 2 advances to the next track.

Problem #2

If Bluetooth on the iPod is turned OFF, and
if the sequence Main -> NET -> DLNA -> [Stream Music] is entered on Remote 2,
then an album and track(s) can be selected and music streaming functions, properly.
However, if Bluetooth on the iPod is then turned ON but nothing is paired, then
the steaming cuts in and out until Bluetooth is turned OFF.

If instead of turning Bluetooth OFF a wireless headset is paired with the iPod,
then the streaming continues to cut in/out yet no music can be heard on the headphones, and when a track is finished, no other track will play from the Remote 2.

However, if Bluetooth on the iPod is again turned OFF functionally is not restored
until a different Network Service, e.g., Pandora, is selected.
Then, when DNLA is once more selected,
music can be selected and streamed; i.e., functionally of Remote 2 is restored.

Problem #3

There also seems to be some interaction between Zone2 and Remote 2 streaming functionality. What it is I have not yet fully nailed down, but here's what I've observed:

When Main -> NET and Zone2 is OFF,
music can be selected and streamed from Remote 2.
However, when Zone2 is turned ON, then
the track playing will complete, but the next track will not play, and
no other tracks selected will play, but every ten seconds the next track will appear but not play.
Then if I turn Zone2 OFF,
the selected track immediately begins playing and it can be started/stopped.
If I turn Zone2 back ON,
then the selected track completes, but
then, again, the next track does not play, and no other track selected will play until Zone2 is turned OFF.

-----

Now, I admit, all this may be because I do not understand how to use this app or how it functions. Certainly, a user's guide and instructions--including setup procedures, how-to's, and what and what not to do--would be helpful; perhaps essential.

-------

Can/will others confirm my diagnoses? And can/will Onkyo correct the problems? How about a user's guide?

- Tom
PETStech
PETStech

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregp Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Yes a "remote 2 " app user's guide would be very helpful

Gregp

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:13 pm

There is a Onkyo How-To YouTube tutorial to better assist you in operating the Onkyo Remote 2 App using the following weblink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOlkkvz6D8&list=PLCD4593F66DC5D23C&index=1&feature=plpp_video. You can review the tutorial for better instructional education of the Remote App 2.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Remote 2 - Streaming iPod Music Empty Acknowledging/Confirming Problems w/Remote 2 (1.40)

Post  PETStech Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:30 pm

I posted troubleshooting notes on October 11, outlining three problem areas with the latest version (1.40) of the Remote 2 ipod app. Is anyone at Onkyo looking into these issues?
PETStech
PETStech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down