Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ht-rc360 surround speakers suddenly stop working

2 posters

Go down

Ht-rc360 surround speakers suddenly stop working Empty Ht-rc360 surround speakers suddenly stop working

Post  Tonymell Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 am

Low volume, content=slacker, ceiling speakers hooked to surround ports, pliix music setting. Sound from all 5 speakers for about 5 minutes, then 2 go silent.

Unplugging the unit from the wall power fixes it for a while.

Any ideas? Unlikely something shorting both speakers and in that case they wouldn't work at all.

Tonymell

Back to top Go down

Ht-rc360 surround speakers suddenly stop working Empty Re: Ht-rc360 surround speakers suddenly stop working

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi Tonymell,

Here's what I want you to do. Set the listening mode to "all ch st" (all channel stereo) and let that run for at least 5 minutes and see if the two speakers cut off. Let me know how this works out?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ht-rc360 surround speakers suddenly stop working Empty Re: Ht-rc360 surround speakers suddenly stop working

Post  Tonymell Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:08 am

Sounds like you have something in mind. I ran in all ch stereo mode for 15 minutes and the speakers remained active. I then switched back to pllix mode and they continued to work for another 15 minutes. So at this point i can't repeat the failure, though it was easy to reproduce last night.

It will get a lot of use this weekend. Unless you indicate otherwise, i'll run in pllix mode and see if it cuts again.

Thanks.

Tonymell

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Tonymell,

If they cut out again please let us know. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down