Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-8050 'net' input suddenly stopped working

2 posters

Go down

TX-8050 'net' input suddenly stopped working Empty TX-8050 'net' input suddenly stopped working

Post  Pete4750 Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 pm

I've had this for about 5 months and was able to use 'NET' just fine to access Pandora, songs on my computer, etc.

Yesterday, after using it for TV audio, I went to select 'NET' and it would not connect. I've tried turning it off and on several times without luck.

When I went to check the IP address that had been assigned to the receiver when I first set it up, I find this address is now assigned to a network printer (that I've had for 3 months).

How did this happen and what can I do to; a) fix it so the receiver can access the ethernet and b) ensure it doesn't get kicked off by another network device again?

Pete4750

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 'net' input suddenly stopped working Empty Re: TX-8050 'net' input suddenly stopped working

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi Pete4750,

We would not be able to assist with this as your IP is generated by your router and the receiver just picks up whatever IP that it is given.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-8050 'net' input suddenly stopped working Empty Re: TX-8050 'net' input suddenly stopped working

Post  Pete4750 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:22 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Pete4750,

We would not be able to assist with this as your IP is generated by your router and the receiver just picks up whatever IP that it is given.

Then how can I get the Onkyo to ask the router for a new IP? Or, how do I get it to 'pick up' the IP that has been assigned by the router?

How do I get the Onkyo to connect to my network? That's the real question that you should be able to answer.

Pete4750

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete4750 Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:11 pm

When I go to my computer and type in the IP address showing on the Onkyo network setup, I can see it clearly. So, my router is working okay and can 'see' the Onkyo.

But, on the Onkyo, when I select 'NET', nothing shows up as before. It will not connect. This is obviously something within the Onkyo, not in my router.

I have read the owner manual for the Onkyo and can find nothing that tells me how to fix this problem. Nothing has changed with my setup, my connections or anything else - the 'NET' function has just stopped working.

Is there something I can do to fix this, or do I need to send it in for warranty repair?

Please answer this question or I will have to conclude that although the Onkyo is a nice piece of equipment, the company does not stand behind its products with customer support in the way it should. I'll be writing a review soon on a consumer electronics evaluation website...

Pete4750

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down