Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto detect?

2 posters

Go down

Auto detect? Empty Auto detect?

Post  purple0478 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi there-

This is my first Onkyo, so please bear with me Smile (I previously had a Classe and Lexicon, so set configs were a bit different.)

Overall the product is great and I find it very user friendly. Just a quick question about audio setup.

Recently I've been having an issue with my cable box/on-demand sources. It doesn't happen often, but once in awhile the dialog drops out and all you hear are the surrounds/background information and you have to re-boot the box to resolve it. I realize cable sources aren't the best, but it is a common source.

I am currently connected HDMI and the listening mode is set to DD. I'm just looking for some sort of "auto detect" setting in the setup for audio rather than having to specifically select DD, DTS, etc. for an input.

Any tips appreciated Smile

purple0478

Back to top Go down

Auto detect? Empty Re: Auto detect?

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi purple0478,

Unfortunately we have no control over the cable signal and there are no "auto detect" settings that will resolve this. Have you contacted the cable provider for assistance in this matter?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down