Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audyssey 2EQ Problem

3 posters

Go down

Audyssey 2EQ Problem Empty Audyssey 2EQ Problem

Post  robynsdad Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 pm

I own an Onkyo TX-SR608 receiver and have been attempting to configure a 5.1 speaker system using Audyssey. The Audyssey system rotates through the 2 front speakers and the center speaker, as well as the right rear speaker, but each time it gets to the left rear speaker it kicks out of operation and reports this error message: "speaker detect error." I have checked and double-checked both rear speakers and their connections. They both work just fine and their connections appear to be clean, tight, and proper. I've also moved the wires of the left rear speaker to different ports on the receiver and reverified that the speaker operates perfectly. Despite this I cannot get Audyssey to cycle through to completion and it continues to display the error message when it gets to the left rear speaker. I am at a loss to understand the problem or how to correct it and would apprecaite any assistance...

Rob

robynsdad

Back to top Go down

Audyssey 2EQ Problem Empty Re: Audyssey 2EQ Problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi robynsdad,
Please try connecting the Surround speakers to the Surround Posts on the receiver not the Surround Back speaker posts. This could be what is causing the error message. Thank you for contacting Product Support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Audyssey 2EQ Problem Empty yep...

Post  robynsdad Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 pm

That was it. Thank you very much!

robynsdad

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:02 am

You are very welcome!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Audyssey 2EQ Problem Empty Audyssey Calibration "speaker detect error.

Post  Walterh Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:23 pm

I had same problem. When I moved to the Surround position, the calibration cycled through. So my question is, why can't you choose to attach satellites as wide front speakers? Is there a problem with the program that needs to be fixed? The documentation that came with the TX-NR709 doesn't mention a required sequence of connectivity for speakers. I wasted 2 hours figuring out how to get the auto-calibration to work.

Walterh

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi Walterh,

On page 41 "selecting speaker layout" is where you would have wanted to go. And no there is no set sequence to setting up the speakers, if anything on page 13 under speaker configuration it pretty much explains what to do.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down