Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto change TV or AVR speaker (NR709)

2 posters

Go down

Auto change TV or AVR speaker (NR709) Empty Auto change TV or AVR speaker (NR709)

Post  donjohnstonyu Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 am

Currently, I have the HDMI pass through enabled on my Onkyo 709. It works without any problems, I can watch videos (with sound) on my TV even when my receiver is on standby. My only problem is, when I'm watching a movie through the receiver's speakers, the TV's speakers are also always on, so I get an echo effect. The only way to counter this is to set my TV's volume to 0 or mute, but mute causes the mute icon to float on my TV (very annoying when watching a movie).

Is there a way to set up the receiver to only pass through audio to the TV when it's on standby and not pass through the sound when it's running?

Thanks in advance!

donjohnstonyu

Back to top Go down

Auto change TV or AVR speaker (NR709) Empty Re: Auto change TV or AVR speaker (NR709)

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi donjohnstonyu,

Unfortunately there is no way but to turn the volume on your TV all the way to "0" for this. The receiver is doing what it was designed to do.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down