Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Zone 2 for Net Radio Sources on TX-NR609

2 posters

Go down

No Zone 2 for Net Radio Sources on TX-NR609 Empty No Zone 2 for Net Radio Sources on TX-NR609

Post  jaydon53 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:09 am

I can get signal on Zone 2 for most inputs, but can't when listening to Net inputs. Am I missing something?

jaydon53

Back to top Go down

No Zone 2 for Net Radio Sources on TX-NR609 Empty Re: No Zone 2 for Net Radio Sources on TX-NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:13 am

Hi jaydon53,
How do you have these inputs connected? Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

No Zone 2 for Net Radio Sources on TX-NR609 Empty Re: No Zone 2 for Net Radio Sources on TX-NR609

Post  jaydon53 Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:32 am

Zone 2 speakers are wire to the Zone 2 posts of course. In the case of other inputs, I have RCA component connections in place because HDMI does not work for Zone 2, correct. Since Net Input does not have external connections, I see no way to add component cabling, so was assuming this was handled internally.

jaydon53

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi jaydon53,

The net features audio by default is analog and should play to zone-2 without issue. The only other thing I can think of is if you've set the powered zone-2 to active and to set this you will press "setup => speaker setup => Powered zone 2. If this does not work try a reset of the receiver. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

No Zone 2 for Net Radio Sources on TX-NR609 Empty More Zone 2

Post  jaydon53 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:37 pm

I have spent the weekend attempting to get zone 2 working and still am not successful. I did perform the reset as suggested, but nothing is changed.

First, I connected another source to my Zone 2 speakers and wiring, to ensure that they wiring and speakers were still working. They play was before.

Secondly I want to correct as previous assertion I made. None of my inputs are working with Channel 2. I recall them working, but I can't recall them working since the last firmware update that I applied.

Here's some another thing I have found:

I ensured that under 2-1 Speaker Settings, Powered Zone 2 was set to Yes. What surprised me, is this. After doing that, under 2-2 Speaker Configure, on the second page of speakers, on LPF of LFE is enabled. Front High, Surround Back and Surround Back CF are not selectable. Does this mean that if Powered Zone 2 => Yes is mutually exclusive with 7.1?

On my older TX-SR608, when I engaged Zone 2, there was an audible click, the Rear Surrounds cut off, and sound went to Zone 2. I was assuming that this unit performs the same way. But since setting Zone 2 to Powered eliminates the Rear Surrounds, I hear the click when toggling Zone 2, but no sound to Zone 2.

I am suspicious of the latest firmware update.

Regards

jaybob53

jaydon53

Back to top Go down

Post  jaydon53 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Finally saw where Zone 2 and 7.1 are mutually exclusive. If I want to have 7.1, I have to disable Powered Zone 2. If I want to use Zone 2, I have to forgo use of the Rear Surrounds. Sure seems like a step backward from my TX-SR508.

jaydon53

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi jaydon53,

Unfortunately this is a necessary step on these models.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down