Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-SR876 Video Problems

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-SR876 Video Problems Empty Onkyo TX-SR876 Video Problems

Post  malmgren Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi, I'm writing this thread as a last-ditch effort to get my receiver repaired before I start shopping for a new non-Onkyo receiver.

I've had 2 in-warranty problems with this receiver that both had to do with video problems. The first time, it was a garbled screen (multi-colored lines) on any HDMI source and video freezing. The second time it was the same problem. Both times, I sent the receiver in to DTR for repairs and it was sent back to me and worked fine for a few months before the problem came back.

Now, over a year later, I am again experiencing problems. Upon receiver turn on, the text on the screen is very "jagged" and almost appears to be vibrating. After about 20 minutes, the screen starts to flash with purple bands every few seconds in a repeating motion. This goes on for about 10 minutes and then stops. After the previous two problems, this is something that I could live with, but now the purple bands are constant and happen whether the receiver has been on for 10 minutes or 10 hours.

I was about to go shopping for a new non-Onkyo receiver, when I thought I'd try one time to see if Onkyo Support could do anything to resolve the issue. It's most definitely out of warranty, by probably a year, but given the two previous problems with video, I'd call this receiver a lemon. After spending close to $1400 for this receiver, I'm not a happy camper.

Yes, I've tried a reset, hard and soft, multiple times - but that did not help.

Here's the fine details if it helps in coming to a resolution:

First repair:
March 2010

Second repair:
July 2010

Both Repairs were taken care of by:
Onkyo Repair Dept
DTR Technologies
2525 W. 6th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204

Receiver Info:
Onkyo TX-SR876
SN: 0833 DC18 7002 0084

Regards,

Matt Almgren
Contact details (other than forum details) available upon request.

malmgren

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-SR876 Video Problems Empty Re: Onkyo TX-SR876 Video Problems

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi malmgren,

We are very sorry you are and have had these issues with our product. Please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 to see what they can do for you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down