Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR-515 NET No sound to HDMI Out ...

2 posters

Go down

NR-515 NET No sound to HDMI Out ... Empty NR-515 NET No sound to HDMI Out ...

Post  BryonB Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm

I just purchased and installed the NR-515.

I have it connected to a Samsung ES8000 TV via HDMI on the HDMI Out port (arc).

While do get video and sound when using the CBL/SAT box (from the cable TV box) I am not able to get any sound from the NET, when using Sirrius XM. I do get connected to XM and am able to choose channels, the channels load and buffer and show that they are playing on screen, but NO audio. When using NET (Video appears on the TV, but no audio).

Does the NR-515 pass NET audio through HDMI out or does it only pass it via the Speakers??? I found ZERO mention of this in the manual (normally not a good sign) Sad

Is there another setup or setting that I need to address?

Thanks for your help in advance.

BryonB

BryonB

Back to top Go down

NR-515 NET No sound to HDMI Out ... Empty Re: NR-515 NET No sound to HDMI Out ...

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm

In regards to your inquiry; are you referring to using the HDMI THRU option to pass the audio from the receiver to your TV while the receiver is on (POWER) Standby? As the HDMI THRU option doesn't support NET for Pass Thru. This will pass via ANY HDMI input connection; but not via NET/ USB/ TUNER options. As I was testing this with the same model receiver and Sirius; I am able to have the audio broadcasted from the TV speakers (and even the receiver speakers via AUDIO TV OUT). Go into the HOME SETUP menu of the receiver by pressing the RECEIVER and then HOME buttons on the remote controller. Scroll to the SETUP option (Red toolbox) and press the ENTER button to access the menu. Now scroll down to 7. HARDWARE SETUP and press ENTER and then scroll to HDMI and press ENTER again. Scroll down to AUDIO TV OUT and toggle the option to ON. This will send the audio from the receiver directly to the TV speakers. This will initially mute the receiver speakers until you adjust the volume of the receiver- as this will NOW activate the audio output of the receiver as well.

If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down