Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to make Zone 2 output mono on TX-NR609

2 posters

Go down

Is it possible to make Zone 2 output mono on TX-NR609 Empty Is it possible to make Zone 2 output mono on TX-NR609

Post  mightyrobo Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Is it possible to choose mono audio output for Zone 2? If so how can I set this up? Also, is there a way to do this without affecting the output in the main zone?

Thanks,

-CF

mightyrobo

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to make Zone 2 output mono on TX-NR609 Empty Re: Is it possible to make Zone 2 output mono on TX-NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi mightyrobo,

Unfortunately there is not a way to make zone-2 mono unless you use one speaker which defeats the purpose of have stereo in zone-2.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to make Zone 2 output mono on TX-NR609 Empty Re: Is it possible to make Zone 2 output mono on TX-NR609

Post  mightyrobo Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Im afraid I do not understand your response... Let me further explain my situation and perhaps that will explain why I want mono output in the first place.

I have two pre-wired speakers in my apartment. One in the bathroom and one in the kitchen. If you are ever in the bathroom and a song plays that is leverages left and right stereo channels to separate the tracks you only hear half of the instruments in the song because it plays in stereo and there is only 1 speaker in there. Ideally the output would be mono to each zone 2 speaker in the kitchen and bathroom. Therefore the audio would not be missing some of the elements of the track. Does that make sense? Is this possible?

Thanks again,

-CF

mightyrobo

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi mightyrobo,

You can not as previously stated. I know what you want to do but it can not be done at this time.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down