Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote code for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD+

2 posters

Go down

Remote code for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD+ Empty Remote code for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD+

Post  Speed Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Good evening,

I try to program the remote control RC-810M I received when buying my Onkyo TX-NR1009. The functions I try to program are for my cable box, a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD+ (maybe this is a Canadian Model ?)

Once programmed using codes from the net, most of menus commands or control of the recorder are mis-programmed the Play button is sending the rewind command, the forward button puts the box back on "normal speed play mode", the stop button does the pause function and so on, same with the menus commands... I have tried many series of codes from the explorer series to no avail?

Anyone else experiencing the same problems?
Any solution?
Any manual reprogramming as the remote seems to be able to communicate with the box but is not sending appropriate codes?

Thanks for the help.

Speedy.

Speed

Back to top Go down

Remote code for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD+ Empty Re: Remote code for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD+

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi Speed,

Have you tried using the learning function on this receiver? For information on this please refer to page 77 in your owner’s manual.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Remote code for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD+ Empty Unfortunately, the solution does not work

Post  Speed Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:48 am

Smile RTFM Very Happy

I forgot about this section of the manual. But, still when I try to reprogram the play, pause forward backward button and all other menus it does not work, the "Cable" Remote mode button stays continuously lit for about 20 seconds (no flash) then the remote button shuts down and the button is still programmed with the wrong command.

It looked very promising but it does not seem to do the job for me.

By the way, the remote control I want to replace is the UR5U-8400A - just in case it could help.
http://support.videotron.com/residential/television/remotes-control/telecommande-ur5-8400a

Any suggestion?

Thanks for the help

Speedy.

Speed

Back to top Go down

Remote code for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD+ Empty Re: Remote code for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD+

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi Speed,

We have not had any issues with this model not being able to learn from other remotes and especially not the issue you are having with yours. Here is what I want for you to do, let's reset the 1009's remote and try and re-lean the functions of the 8300HD box into it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down