Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Net play through zone 2 pre-outs on tx-8050?

2 posters

Go down

Will Net play through zone 2 pre-outs on tx-8050? Empty Will Net play through zone 2 pre-outs on tx-8050?

Post  Tom E Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Is the Net source considered a digitial input? I am using Sirius and I get signal through my zone 2 pre-outs with my input source set to "net" but I cannot control the volume (which is low). It is definitely set to variable. On fixed, I can control the volume through my m-282. Is this by design, or is there something amiss? Also...when the unit is powered off, it still sends signal to the zone 2 pre-outs...

Tom E

Back to top Go down

Will Net play through zone 2 pre-outs on tx-8050? Empty Re: Will Net play through zone 2 pre-outs on tx-8050?

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi Tom E,

The NET function on this and all of our receivers is analog by default. With the unit set to variable is exactly the setting you must use since the M-282 does not have any volume control on it. With zone-2 set to "on" the unit is technically never off and that is why the zone-2 pre-outs are active.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down