Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR502 Right Front Speaker A Distortion

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR502 Right Front Speaker A Distortion Empty TX-SR502 Right Front Speaker A Distortion

Post  JDPenn Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:19 pm

I just picked up a used TX-SR502. The Speaker A right front has distortion. Speaker B outs are fine. I'm wondering if it could be a capacitor going bad. Or, could it be a resistor, transistor, etc. I know some about electronics but am not a licensed repairman. Can I possibly just replace an IC board to fix the issue? Or, start with electrolytic caps for that speaker path?

Speaker B sounds great. Would like to get the A side working.

Thanks, JD

JDPenn

Back to top Go down

TX-SR502 Right Front Speaker A Distortion Empty Re: TX-SR502 Right Front Speaker A Distortion

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi JDPenn,

Have you swapped the speakers B for the speakers A just to see if it either the speaker itself or the speaker post that's bad?
Also for any parts you will need to contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR502 Right Front Speaker A Distortion Empty Re: TX-SR502 Right Front Speaker A Distortion

Post  JDPenn Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Yep, already did a lot of swaps. It's definitely the unit, not the speakers. Where can I get a schematic and/or service manual?

Thanks,
JD

JDPenn

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi JD,

For schematics you may go to this non affiliated website to see if they have it.

www.manualsparadise.com

To see if they have it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down