Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 speakers pop when muting gran turismo 5

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 speakers pop when muting gran turismo 5 Empty TX-NR609 speakers pop when muting gran turismo 5

Post  ljthechamp17 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:00 am

Wondering if anyone would possibly know a solution to this problem where the speakers slightly pop when muting GT5 menu music. Muting the system when watching Blu-ray or playing different games does not produce this problem. The wires are fine, the speakers are fine (checked and re-checked the connection wires/switched surround speakers/switched wires).PS3 connected via HDMI to receiver, receiver HMDI out to TV

Initially speakers popped when playing GT5 menu music in "THX Cinema" mode. I switched to "THX Games" mode and that stopped popping while music was playing but not when i muted the music.

Any suggestions/solutions greatly appreciated

Thanks

System specs:
TV: Panasonic tc-p65vt30
HTIB: Onkyo HT-S7409 (TX-NR609 receiver, HTP-790 5.1 speaker/sub)

ljthechamp17

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 speakers pop when muting gran turismo 5 Empty Re: TX-NR609 speakers pop when muting gran turismo 5

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi ljthechamp17,

If this is just happening on one listening mode on one game I don't think it is the receiver doing it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 speakers pop when muting gran turismo 5 Empty Re: TX-NR609 speakers pop when muting gran turismo 5

Post  ljthechamp17 Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:56 pm

would it have anything to do with grounding of playstation 3? I just talked to customer support and they mentioned grounding. if so how would this work and would cable boxes have grounding issues also? Comcast cable box and playstation are above receiver

ljthechamp17

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi ljthechamp17,

It could be a grounding issue but then you would get the same issue on all of your inputs.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ljthechamp17 Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:19 pm

any suggestions on what i should be looking for? speaker or hdmi wires running on top of the receiver? cable box too close to receiver?

ljthechamp17

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi ljthechamp17,

All of those would have more to do with audio hiss and not one particular game in one particular listening mode.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ljthechamp17 Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:41 pm

I did notice some popping when watching nascar on fox when its broadcast in DD 5.1 from my comcast cable box (motorola dch3416). i figured it was a bad source so didn't pay much attention to it but could that be a symptom of something else? its the same type of popping sound

ljthechamp17

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi ljthechamp17,

If this is happening on other sources have you tried a reset of the receiver yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ljthechamp17 Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:44 pm

done the reset already. how can i make sure everything is grounded properly?

ljthechamp17

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi ljthechamp17,

The only thing I can suggest is for the Onkyo receiver and you can ground that using any screw on the back.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down