Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 Muting when volume is changed

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 Muting when volume is changed Empty TX-NR609 Muting when volume is changed

Post  opus902 Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:56 am

I am having a strange issue with my NR609. When ever the volume is changed using the remote control (whether up or down), the sound is muted. Once you push the "muting" button, then the sound comes through and all is good. It is just annoying that when you go to turn up the volume, it mutes it. I have searched the manual and the web with no luck. I am not sure if there is some setting that I screwed up.

Any help would be appreciated.

opus902

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 Muting when volume is changed Empty Re: TX-NR609 Muting when volume is changed

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi opus902,

Have you tried to reset the receiver yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down