Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New TX-NR509 owner 3- questions

2 posters

Go down

New TX-NR509 owner 3- questions Empty New TX-NR509 owner 3- questions

Post  stlrs6n1 Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Very happy with the receiver. Just what I was looking for so for. 3- questions:

#1- As far as I can tell, you cannot control AM/FM radio functions from the remote control. Correct? Or am I missing something?

#2- Are there any known compatibility issues with Sony 400 Disc DVD changer model DVPCX995V? I connected this changer (via HDMI out) to the receiver (via HDMI in 1 BD/DVD). No audio or video. I have checked all assignments on the receiver and also the Sony. For now I have connected the HDMI from the DVD directly to the TV, and using optical cable from the DVD to the TX-NR509 for sound, which works, but experiencing a slight delay between the video and audio. Would like to connect directly via HDMI. Am I missing something? Or just a compatibility issue?

#3- What is the "Monitor Out V" output generally used for on the back of the TX-NR509 receiver? How is this activated for output. I do not see this particular port covered in the manual.

Thank you in advance.

stlrs6n1

Back to top Go down

New TX-NR509 owner 3- questions Empty Re: New TX-NR509 owner 3- questions

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi stlrs6n1,

1. Yes, the remote will control the tuner AM/FM this information is on page 26 of the manual.
2. There are known compatibility issues with the Sony DVD changer. Make sure that it is not connected through anything other then HDMI. Also there may be a setting on the Sony that needs to change for it to work.
3. The "monitor out V" is for connecting older analog video to output to your TV.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down