Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC360 Ohms & Speaker Set Up Help

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC360 Ohms & Speaker Set Up Help Empty HT-RC360 Ohms & Speaker Set Up Help

Post  maximumsp Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:36 am

I just bought my first Onkyo, the HT-RC360. I am new to home audio set ups. I'm not sure if the RC360 can handle 4ohms on 2 channels. I read that someone was running it as 4ohms but how safe is that? I have a small room so I dont plan on going past 60% volume. Can I run 2 pairs of 8 ohms speakers as my fronts left & right? one pair of the Sony SS-F6000 and one pair of KEF MODEL3BL. Both are at 8 ohms. Or would It have to run them at 16 ohms? Please help me wire them.

The KEF was suppose to be my surronds but I didnt measure the room space correctly and I have no space for them as my couch is against the back wall and there is no room on the left or right of the couch.

Therefore, I want to run both as my fronts. 3.1 system with 5 speakers. I think with my small room, 3.1 will work out great. Would that work and is that a good idea?

What about Zone 2 as an alt? Could/How I run the extra set of fronts as zone 2 but still have it in my room set to the same source as my main. Would that be a run-around/back door solution to this question?

Thank you
-Max

maximumsp

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 Ohms & Speaker Set Up Help Empty Re: HT-RC360 Ohms & Speaker Set Up Help

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi maximumsp,

You can not mix and match Ohm ratings on this or any of our receivers as this may cause the receiver to go into amp protect. You do not want to use the Zone-2 function for a work around as it may cause undo sound degradation and an echo effect.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down