Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR809 Audyssey stuck question

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR809 Audyssey stuck question Empty TX-NR809 Audyssey stuck question

Post  onkyoruss1 Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:58 am

I just bought a TX-NR809. I tried the Audyssey setup and it got thru all the speakers then started calculating and would move no further after 30 minutes. I powered it off and tried again. This time it only pings the first speaker then goes into listening mode but does not continue on to the other speakers. I have tried the factory default 3 times and also powering it off for 30 minutes. Is there any thing else I could try?

onkyoruss1

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 Audyssey stuck question Empty Re: TX-NR809 Audyssey stuck question

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi onkyoruss1,

How many speakers are you connecting to the 809?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  onkyoruss1 Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:26 pm

I had 5 speakers and 1 sub. They were connected as shown in the manual (Also like shown in the quick start guide that came with the receiver). 1 center 2 front 2 surround and 1 sub. I called your support, they said it may be a microphone problem.
Thanks for the response.

onkyoruss1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi onkyoruss1,

Glad we could help. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 Audyssey stuck question Empty Same Issue

Post  Wafubu Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:42 am

I have the same issue. Brand new receiver .., I think there are serious quality control issues with Onkyo. I will be returning my receiver and going with a different brand. Support said it was the mic, but it's not.... I think it's firmware.

Wafubu

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:28 am

Hi Wafubu,
We are sorry to hear that. Have you tried a new mic to confirm that, that isn't the issue. Please contact our parts and service department for a new mic. 201-785-2600 option 4 or parts@us.onkyo.com. Someone there will be happy to help you Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. If you decide to take it back perhaps an exchange for a different one in the same model will correct the issue. This is not a common problem with this receiver so a new one should work just fine. Again, we apolgize for the issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 Audyssey stuck question Empty Firmware

Post  Wafubu Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:56 am

I have tried 3 microphones , it's not the microphone. What is really troublesome is that no one has even bothered reporting this problem to the developers. It's clearly a software issue IMO. Granted I'm not an engineer. However, I have seen several posts on other A/V sites that state after the firmware update the Audyssey function stopped working. Also, if you look at the speaker setup for the receiver there is no option for 8 Ohm, it's only 4 or 6? How can that be normal? Shouldn't the receiver support 8 Ohm and shouldn't that be an option? I really think it's a firmware issue but phone support, email support, etc. are failing to even consider that. The canned response is. It's your mic, and go exchange the receiver for another one..... Sadly I may have to do that. However, I would like to keep the receiver, the store that I bought it from doesn't have any more in stock so an exchange would be for a different brand. I've only had the receiver for a few days and it sounds great, everything else works, except the odyssey function and the 8 ohm option for speaker selection/setup.

Wafubu

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Wafubu,

If you believe it's a firmware issue then you may take or send your unit in to one of repair centers that can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down