Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audyssey Set Up TX-NR809

Go down

Audyssey Set Up TX-NR809 Empty Audyssey Set Up TX-NR809

Post  onkyolbg Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:07 pm

I have a question regarding the Audyssey Set Up on a TX-NR809 (with a matched set of 5 Polk speakers) that I'm hoping someone out there can help me with. I recently re-ran Audyssey after making the following minor changes:

1) Firmware update to the TX-NR809
2) Slight movement of the two rear surround speakers (from behind the listening area in bipole mode, to the sides of the listening area in dipole mode).
3) Slight movement of the subwoofer.

Prior to the changes mentioned above, Audyssey recognized all of my speakers correctly (only showing one subwoofer, in the correct placement), but now after re-running it it seems to think I have two subwoofers installed. I followed the initial sub setup requested (setting it to 75 hz) and then ran the full-EQ version twice (using all 8 microphone positions), both times with the same result. I'm not even sure that it's that big of a deal, but does anyone know why Audyssey now thinks that I have two subs? My guess is that maybe it has to do with my movement of the subwoofer, but I'm not 100% sure. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

onkyolbg

Back to top Go down