Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR509 Sp Config

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR509 Sp Config Empty TX-NR509 Sp Config

Post  UpstateBob Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi, I have two questions.

1)I want to check the settings under the Sp Config menu and I've tried to get into it by turning "Audio TV Out" to the OFF position; the other two notes on page 41 of the user manual do not apply to me. However, I still cannot get into it. My path to get into it is to select receiver>setup, and then the Sp Config is visible but it is not highlighted and I cannot get into it. My setup is very small; I have two three-way speakers (8" woofer, 5" midrange, 1" tweeter) connected to the receiver, and the satellite, TV (connected via ARC), and a Blu-Ray player as well are connected.

2)The instructions suggest Large for speakers with a cone diameter larger than 6 1/2 inches; does that apply to three-way speakers as well? In other words, do I use the size of the largest speaker (8" woofer) or the midrange speaker (5" midrange) or the tweeter (1" tweeter) to determine this setting?

Thank you.

UpstateBob

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 Sp Config Empty Re: TX-NR509 Sp Config

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi UpstateBob,

There should be nothing interfering with this menu item except what you described which is correct. I would try a factory reset of the receiver to get this back. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down