Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo HTR520 suddenly no sound

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo HTR520 suddenly no sound Empty Onkyo HTR520 suddenly no sound

Post  Mike S Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Dear Onkyo rep,
I have had an Onkyo HTR520 receiver and surround sound set up hooked up to my Samsung TV and it has worked well for a number of years. Just recently my kids told me that they turned it on and there was no sound. There have been no changes to the system. I have checked all of the connections and tightened them up. I looked at the manual to trouble shoot with no success. The unit lights up but I can get no sound. Is there a fuse on the sound sysytem? Do you have any suggestions for to try to fix it? Since it is a 6.1 or 7.1 1000 watt system , I have all of the speakers which are still fine. Would I be better off buying a new receiver instead of putting money into this one? Any other suggestions??? Are there any authorized repair stations in Milwaukee, Wisconsin? I appreciate any assistance.
Thanks,
Mike S

Mike S

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HTR520 suddenly no sound Empty Re: Onkyo HTR520 suddenly no sound

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Mike,

It could be something as simple as having both Speaker A & B on at the same time. If you have all the speakers connected under speaker A it should work just make sure you do not see both A&B highlighted in the display of the receiver while it is on. Also what you can try is the level calibration test to make sure that you have static tone going to the speakers, this can be found on page 47 of the manual. If all that does not work try a reset of the receiver. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VIDEO1/VCR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down