Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-S9400THX back left surround speaker not working

3 posters

Go down

HT-S9400THX back left surround speaker not working  Empty HT-S9400THX back left surround speaker not working

Post  StrangeMagic Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi,
I set this up last night and all speakers were working.

Then today, I did the Audyssey speaker set up and now the surround back left is not working. I tested the speaker and the wire and both are fine.

Is the related to Audyssey? If so, what do i do?

I also didn't quite understand why Audyssey updates 5 speakers and not 7 when this is a 7 speaker system. Could this be related?

Help!

StrangeMagic

Back to top Go down

HT-S9400THX back left surround speaker not working  Empty Re: HT-S9400THX back left surround speaker not working

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi StrangeMagic,

Try a factory reset of the unit to see if that will resolve the issue; the reset will unfortunately erase all of your Audyssey settings. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-S9400THX back left surround speaker not working  Empty Re: HT-S9400THX back left surround speaker not working

Post  Boney Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:24 pm

I experienced this problem when setting up a new 709 receiver. Turns out that the manual does not clearly spell out the fact that one cannot use the surround back speakers unless something is connected to the regular surround speakers. If no surround speakers are connected then the left rear back surround will not highlight in blue during the setup and finishes with an error. Simply move your speaker connections to the regular surround and not the surround back and you should be OK.

Boney

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi Boney,

In the TX-NR709 manual it clearly states in the chart on page 13 where the speakers need to be connected for how many speakers you have. Same page, 13 in the HT-S9400THX package.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boney Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:38 pm

To OnkyoUSA: I disagree, that it is clear in the manual. Yes the table shown on page 13 shows surround speakers used in all but the first two cases. Also there is a diagram on page 35 in the (709) manual that shows the speaker setups for a 5.1 configuration. However, the bold lines versus the fine lines make it very hard to distinguish which speakers are being used.
But what is worse, is that in your reply, the second post here, you have the poor guy going through all this reset stuff, when you should have told him to just move the speakers to the surround connections rather than the surround back connections. So that sort of tells me that the manual isn't so clear that even OnkyoUSA folks missed the real problem. In fact what really should have occurred is that during the Audussey setup, there should have been a message on the screen that something was amiss with the speaker setup. Please take no offense, this is only constructive criticism I'm not dissing OnkyoUSA. You folks are very helpful and I have had nothing but excellent interface with Onkyo. I own three of these receivers.

Boney

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi Boney,

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down