Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR809, DLNA, WD MyBook & playlists

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR809, DLNA, WD MyBook & playlists Empty TX-NR809, DLNA, WD MyBook & playlists

Post  hbski Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Is it possible to play playlists located on a network drive with the TX-NR809?

I have a Western Digital MyBook Live network drive attached to my network, as is my TX-NR809. The 809 can see and play the songs on the drive, but not any playlists I've tried thus far.

If this is possible to do can you please let me know what format needs to be used.

Thanks,
DJ

hbski

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809, DLNA, WD MyBook & playlists Empty Re: TX-NR809, DLNA, WD MyBook & playlists

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi hbski,

As long as it conforms to the specifications in the manual it should work just fine.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809, DLNA, WD MyBook & playlists Empty Re: TX-NR809, DLNA, WD MyBook & playlists

Post  hbski Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:25 pm

I don't see a mention of a specification for playlists in the manual. Can you point me to a reference for this? Also if you can get a playlist file to work could you share that file with me so that I can see how to set mine up?

Thanks,
DJ

hbski

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi DJ,

You are correct in that there are no references to playlists in the manual pertaining to DLNA as the playlist are for our external devices such as the UP-A1.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hbski Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 pm

So are you saying that playlists won't work over DLNA?

If so, DLNA seems like a fairly useless feature unless you want to play every song from a particular folder in order of occurrence.

hbski

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi hbski,

I am only instructing you on what the manual states.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hbski Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Is there someone who knows the answer to whether the 809 can resolve a playlist on a NAS and the necessary format for the list to be in???

thanks,
DJ

hbski

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi hbski,

I will forward your request to the appropriate department.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi hbski,

We would need to know what the model number is of the MyBook.
The main thing to check is whether or not it is DLNA Certified and if so whether or not it is within DLNA operability guidelines version 1.5 or not. Have you checked with tech support at MyBook or one of the user forums for MyBook?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richl Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi hbski,

I have a "somewhat" similar set up. I use the DNLA feature to pump music to my Panasonic Vierra TV. From there I send to my Onkyo surround system. All my music is stored on the WD external hard drive. I attempted to create a playlist on my office computer but no songs appeared, just the folder name. I then went and created a playlist on my basement computer where the WD hard drive is connected and all the music on the playlist(s) I created became available to the DNLA function. I did also play with the Microsoft homegroup music settings... I can confirm that it is possible to play the music via the WD device with DNLA.

Good luck,

RichL

Richl

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi Richl,

Glad you were able to resolve your individual issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hbski Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:15 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi hbski,

We would need to know what the model number is of the MyBook.
The main thing to check is whether or not it is DLNA Certified and if so whether or not it is within DLNA operability guidelines version 1.5 or not. Have you checked with tech support at MyBook or one of the user forums for MyBook?

It is DLNA 1.5 compliant. Here is the info:

Western Digital My Book Live Duo 4TB Personal Cloud Storage

* WDBVHT0040JCH-NESN
* 2 x 2TB
* 800 MHz CPU Processor

* Form Factor: Desktop
* HDD Interface: 2 x SATA
* Processor: 800 MHz CPU
* RAID: RAID 1
* Model #: WDBVHT0040JCH-NESN

Last edited by hbski on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tmi)

hbski

Back to top Go down

Post  hbski Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Richl wrote:Hi hbski,

I have a "somewhat" similar set up. I use the DNLA feature to pump music to my Panasonic Vierra TV. From there I send to my Onkyo surround system. All my music is stored on the WD external hard drive. I attempted to create a playlist on my office computer but no songs appeared, just the folder name. I then went and created a playlist on my basement computer where the WD hard drive is connected and all the music on the playlist(s) I created became available to the DNLA function. I did also play with the Microsoft homegroup music settings... I can confirm that it is possible to play the music via the WD device with DNLA.

Good luck,

RichL

Thanks for the info. However, mine is a network attached storage drive and thus not directly connected to any computer. I can actually play the music, I just can't play playlists as of yet directly from the NAS.

hbski

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi hbski,

Thank you for this information. It has been sent to our engineering department. Hopefully we will have an answer for you soon. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hbski Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:11 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi hbski,

Thank you for this information. It has been sent to our engineering department. Hopefully we will have an answer for you soon. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks, and if the TX-NRxxx line of receivers doesn't currently support any form of playlist, can you ask the engineering department if this functionality could be added in a firmware revision.....seems it should be possible.

hbski

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi hbski,

I will also forward that question to them. Thanks.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809, DLNA, WD MyBook & playlists Empty any word on this

Post  hbski Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:41 pm

any word on this?

hbski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down