Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 switches to wrong source after power up

+2
OnkyoUSA
Fmassi
6 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 switches to wrong source after power up Empty TX-NR709 switches to wrong source after power up

Post  Fmassi Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi, after powering up my TX-NR709, Samnsung PN59D8000 and Directv satellite box the receiver comes on set for CBL/SAT which means that I get the correct audio and video however after a few seconds the TX-NR709 automatically switches source to TV/CD so I lose the sound. this is annoying because no universal remote can be setup to prevent or get around this issue. I think this is an HDMI control RIHD issue. If I set this feature to off (menu 7-3) then the issue goes away however now when I go to use Netflix via the TV Smarthub then the sound does not automatically switch to TV/CD as it should. Is this a Onkyo or a Samsung sofware issue? Aside from this glitch this receiver is awesome.
Thanks.

Fmassi

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 switches to wrong source after power up Empty Re: TX-NR709 switches to wrong source after power up

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 am

Hi Fmassi,
I have an associate looking into this for you and will get back to you soon, thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 switches to wrong source after power up Empty Re: TX-NR709 switches to wrong source after power up

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Fmassi,

This is not a glitch on either device it is the way "HDMI control" handles the information it is receiving at the time. As you've noticed when you have it (RIHD) turned off in the receiver all seems to work at planned but when it is on the receiver and TV automatically readjust to TV/CD on the receiver. The only work around for this is to have the RIHD set to off.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gecko Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:13 pm

I have a TX-NR609. I find this workaround unacceptable. Now I cannot control the volume using my TV or cable remote control.

gecko

Back to top Go down

Post  D Bone Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:14 pm

gecko wrote:I have a TX-NR609. I find this workaround unacceptable. Now I cannot control the volume using my TV or cable remote control.

The HDMI control issue is not brand specific, it is a problem with all sources with every manufacture out there, not just Onkyo. The only two options are, buy all of your gear from the same manufacturer so their HDMI control works as intended, but this is obviously not a realistic option, or second, turn off all HDMI control on all of your gear, and buy a Logitech Harmony universal remote like the rest of us do, and you'll never have an issue again. They are affordable, and a breeze to set up.

D Bone

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi D Bone,

Thank you for your input...
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seedubs Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 am

D Bone wrote:
gecko wrote:I have a TX-NR609. I find this workaround unacceptable. Now I cannot control the volume using my TV or cable remote control.

The HDMI control issue is not brand specific, it is a problem with all sources with every manufacture out there, not just Onkyo. The only two options are, buy all of your gear from the same manufacturer so their HDMI control works as intended, but this is obviously not a realistic option, or second, turn off all HDMI control on all of your gear, and buy a Logitech Harmony universal remote like the rest of us do, and you'll never have an issue again. They are affordable, and a breeze to set up.

D bone, can you explain how the Logitech Harmony might help resolve the HDMI switching problem? Has anyone else resolved this issue?

seedubs

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 switches to wrong source after power up Empty nr515

Post  IBamBam Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 pm

I have the 515 model and I think this hdmi "problem" is junk. Give us a software update that will "lock" what input we want the receiver to start up with. I like the RIHD feature and really don't want to have it set to off.

IBamBam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down