Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with dolby serround outpute on onkyo tx sr309 in combination with Xbox360 slim

2 posters

Go down

Problems with dolby serround outpute on onkyo tx sr309 in combination with Xbox360 slim  Empty Problems with dolby serround outpute on onkyo tx sr309 in combination with Xbox360 slim

Post  the36mid Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi there,

im a proud owner of a Onkyo TX SR309 loving it so far and i just encountered a problem witch i cant figure out.
I own multiple AV device's including an XBOX306 slim.
Now i just shifted everything in my apartment and for some reason my Onkyo TX SR309 doesn't understand dolby digital via HDMI cable, in the past i played a lot of Battlefield3 witch supports Dolby digital and tested it while spinning around it worked i heard bullets fly everywhere However after switching all my gear around it does not work anymore.
If i play now i only get 2.1 output and if i press "home>info" i can see clearly that it receives 5.1 dolby input but some how give's 2.1 output.
My bluray player seems to work fine no problems at all, but i wish to game and receive the full experience.
If there is someone who has an answer to my problem it would be a great help

the36mid

Back to top Go down

Problems with dolby serround outpute on onkyo tx sr309 in combination with Xbox360 slim  Empty Re: Problems with dolby serround outpute on onkyo tx sr309 in combination with Xbox360 slim

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 am

Hi the36mid,
I have an associate looking into this for you and will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Problems with dolby serround outpute on onkyo tx sr309 in combination with Xbox360 slim  Empty Re: Problems with dolby serround outpute on onkyo tx sr309 in combination with Xbox360 slim

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi the36mid,

Since this unit has a speaker A & B and it needs to have all the speakers connected to just speaker A for a 5.1 surround audio. Speakers A&B must not be on at the same time only speaker A. Has this been tried?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  the36mid Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi the36mid,

Since this unit has a speaker A & B and it needs to have all the speakers connected to just speaker A for a 5.1 surround audio. Speakers A&B must not be on at the same time only speaker A. Has this been tried?

Yes, i´ve tried this to and it make's no difference, i still could not change the surround mode manually.
A. speakers contain the 5.1 serround and B. contain only Stereo
So the receiver input form From the Xbox 360 is 5.1 Dolby the outpute however is 2.1 theater dimensional (i can only choose between "Theater Dimensional" or "Direct" before i could also choose PL II with different modes) so to me it looks like the receiver does not understand the Dolby signal.
I've been looking trough the settings the only thing that i'm using at the moment is HDMI input 3 and 1, so No optic, Component or digital.

I've got some experience in this field how to wire and setup the firmware but this time i really got stuck, this doesn't happen a lot it make's me wonder how to solve it.
Can i upgrade the firmware of my receiver ? maybe that works

the36mid

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi the36mid,

As long as you do not have both speakers A&B on together and have only speaker A on you should be getting 5.1 as the receiver only decodes what it is getting in on any input whether it be optical, HDMI, Coaxial or analog.
Have you tried a reset on the unit yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  the36mid Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:09 pm

i tryed A speakers only and it did not work however after doing a reset the trick got done
Thanks for the help

the36mid

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 am

Hi the36mid,
Glad we could help, have a great week Smile
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down