Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double checking my TX-NR809 settings

2 posters

Go down

Double checking my TX-NR809 settings Empty Double checking my TX-NR809 settings

Post  jp4270 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:50 am

I'm pretty sure this is right, but want to double check my understanding. In this example, I want the signal from my Oppo BD player to completely pass through the 809 over HDMI untouched completely. I have the Monitor Setup set to "Source" and the Picture Mode set to "Direct". Is this right if I want the Oppo to handle ALL the video processing through the 809, then out to my TV over HDMI? If I'm understanding this correctly, then I can set up my other components (cable box, Apple TV, Wii, etc.). For the Apple TV and Wii, I plan to choose "Through" as the Picture Mode so the 809 will upconvert those two to 1080p. Thanks.

jp4270

Back to top Go down

Double checking my TX-NR809 settings Empty Re: Double checking my TX-NR809 settings

Post  D Bone Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:33 am

Don't use any picture mode other than Direct or Custom. See my post, and the posts that follow it, regarding a major flaw in the 809's and 709's video processor. I'm new, so I can't post a link yet, but go to:

AVS forums > AMPs, Receivers, Processors > Onkyo TX NR709 Owners' Thread > Page 24 > Post #703

D Bone

Back to top Go down