Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streaming audio SR606

2 posters

Go down

Streaming audio SR606 Empty Streaming audio SR606

Post  rickL Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi
This is my 1st post: I can't get audio through the SR606 connected speakers with streaming such as with Netflix, or Pandora radio. Everything else works well through the receiver including regular TV, DVD, etc. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

rickL

Back to top Go down

Streaming audio SR606 Empty Re: Streaming audio SR606

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi rickL,

Do you have your TV connected with an ethernet cable to run Pandora and Netflix? I need to know exactly how this is hooked up as the TX-SR606 does not have an ethernet connection for internet.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rickL Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:07 pm

No, the TV connects to the wireless network via USB dongle. Other connections are all using HDMI cables. I can play streaming audio on my TV speakers, but for some reason cannot receive audio throught the SR606 even when I'm on the "TV" tab (which I can do with regular TV broadcasts via Comast cable)

rickL

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi rickL,

It sounds like you are attempting to use the ARC function of your TV. If this is the case then you will not get audio to the receiver as the receiver does not have that function. In your case you would have to connect a separate audio cable from the TV back to the receiver then make the necessary assignments on the receiver to get sound. If you need any more assistance on this please contact our product support department at 800-229-1687 option number 3.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down