Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR515 - Streaming Audio from iPhone

2 posters

Go down

NR515 - Streaming Audio from iPhone Empty NR515 - Streaming Audio from iPhone

Post  steverobertsbbc Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Yesterday's firmware update for the 515 and 616 added the ability to stream music directly from an iPod or iPhone to the amp via the Onkyo Remote2 1.30 app. Trouble is... I can't get it to work. It gets as far as switching the amp over into Net mode, allowing me to select the song and bring up a play button, but when I press it nothing happens.

Anyone managed it?

(With apologies to all those whose firmware upgrades went less smoothly than my own and who probably have bigger problems on their hands)

steverobertsbbc

Back to top Go down

NR515 - Streaming Audio from iPhone Empty Hmmm. Working Now

Post  steverobertsbbc Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:39 am

Just tried it again and it worked. It does seem a bit flakey to get it to start playing (probably needs to buffer a bit more than it currently is), but once it's going it's fine. Good feature if it can be made more reliable!

steverobertsbbc

Back to top Go down

NR515 - Streaming Audio from iPhone Empty IPad streaming

Post  Mixu75 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 am

I have updated Remote 2 app for IPad as well. I managed to stream IPad songs to Onkyo 509 receiver, but I can't stream other sound (youtube, Rdio etc.) to the receiver, because sound will comes only from Ipad's speakers.

Could anyone help ?

Mixu75

Back to top Go down

NR515 - Streaming Audio from iPhone Empty Re: NR515 - Streaming Audio from iPhone

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down