Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue?

+8
SpenceJT
Fanboyz
Hemooo
HiHoStevo
simon_75
OnkyoUSA
td854
jon_s
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue? Empty When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue?

Post  jon_s Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 am

Has there been any updates to the DTS HD Master bomb which appeared on the Star Wars Blu-Ray discs? This happened in September 2011 and there has been no updates from Onkyo yet... This is for the x05 and x06 series of AVRs. All the other manufacturers which had the problem resolved the issue a couple of months ago...

confused

jon_s

Back to top Go down

When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue? Empty Re: When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue?

Post  td854 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 am

Thanks for mentioning this, I didn't know about it til I read it here, then did some research, I'm guessing my 609 and 607 won't be effected. I hope they fix the problem though, pretty serious issue.

td854

Back to top Go down

When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue? Empty Re: When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue?

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi jon_s,

We apologize for the delay. We have been advised that a fix should be available sometime in February.

To td854,

This does not effect your receiver models as they have not been found to have the issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jon_s Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:58 pm

I am getting a run around here... I got a call from Cedric stating that there was no issue with the TX905/906 receivers and that I was the only caller reporting this issue and as such nothing is being done. Can you tell me exactly what the hell is going on around there?

Suspect

jon_s

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi jon,

Per our systems, you are indeed the only customer who has reported this issue with this particular receiver. After consulting with Cedric he informed me that previous to your recent posting, he spoke to you earlier that day and advised you that we have a firmware update specifically crafted for you based on the symptoms you've described. As you know he has received the firmware release form you emailed him and will be mailing you the actual firmware update. So based on that, I am a little confused why you stated that Cedric advised you that there was no fix for your receiver?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue? Empty same issue as Jon with my 875

Post  simon_75 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Onkyo support I also get the Audio HD bomb with Star wars but I have onkyo 875 strange that only Jon was reported with this issue I just saw 181 persons have read this thread be sure he is not alone with this issue
I live in Sweden so I have not reported my issue in USA , when I watched Never say never again some years back i had similar audio BOMB , but after updating the DSP the problem was solved Smile
In this case I think its a New DSP update we need not a Firmware update I updated my amp to ver 1.08 (had 1.05) with no resolution of the audio bomb
A way around it is to don't send bitstream from blu ray player but In my opinion you loose sound quality (volume is so much lower without bitstream) the amp handles the full HD sound much better then the player
I bought my 875 some years back for more then $2000 and Im really happy with the player and now that I bought a blu ray with 2 HDMI outputs i Can still keep the amp when using 3D Smile
Now this HD Bomb issue returned with the Star wars movies and if it appeared on any other movie i could just have ignored it but Im a big Star wars fan and there are lot of other fans out there
Note this the audio issue appeared even in the Star wars I movie , when I paused during the Intro text and pressed play it was a loud boom in the loudspeakers :S
Please help us to fix this issue with audio on Star wars since we likes the movies and our Onkyo amps so much
Thanks
Simon

simon_75

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi simon_75,

Please contact our product support team so they can troubleshoot your issue. They can be reached at 1-800-229-1687 option #3
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  simon_75 Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for your answer, but since I live in Sweden Im having trouble to call USA could you please give me an email address to your support instead
regards Simon

simon_75

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi simon_75,

I apologize for the confusion but since you live in Sweden you will need to contact our support team over there. Just go to http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/ under support you may email them there.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  simon_75 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks I will try to contact Onkyo in Europe instead then, regards Simon

simon_75

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:11 am

Glad we could help.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  simon_75 Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Well here is the European support answer
connect the player directly to the Tv (a Tv usually has a small crappy loudspeaker)
Nice solution!! lol!
Well atleast I reported the issue on the Star wars bomb
Simon

Dear Mr.

Thank you very much for your email.
We are sorry you experiencing problems with one of our devices.
Does this occure only with Star Wars movie.
Please check for possibly available Firmware updates on all devices and test for function again.
If still no succsess ther is only the option of connecting the player directly to you TV.

MfG / Sincere Regards

Customer care / PL / DR / MC / SK / UZ
ONKYO Europe Electronics

simon_75

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Simon,
We are glad you got a response from Onkyo Europe. Unfortunately, since we are Onkyo USA we are unable to troubleshoot this for you. However, there should be a firmware update ready for use soon. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  simon_75 Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Ok a new firmware that will fix this issue sounds great I will wait for that cheers

simon_75

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi simon_75,

This is on a case by case basis, so if you have this issue please contact our product support department at 1-800-229-1687 option #3.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  simon_75 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Is it possible that you make a downloadable link with the new firmware on this webpage instead
since I live in Europe and calling USA is $$$$ and the European support did not supplied me with this firmware
if you prefer to send it to my email address I can send it to you instead

simon_75

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi simon_75,

I will try and find a contact in Europe for you hopefully I will be able to have this information soon. Thank you for you patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  simon_75 Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Ok thanks Smile

simon_75

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:16 pm

You're Welcome, We'll try and keep you posted.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jon_s Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:23 pm

I finally received the firmware update from Cedric. This is defintely a different update, the filename on the previous disc he sent was CD_SR906123_08919A_08605C_08506A... The new disc has the filename CD_SR906123_12116A_08605C_08506A. After uploading the firmware to the receiver, the DTS HD Master bomb issue with the Star Wars Blu-Ray disc is no longer happening.

The update was very tricky. According to the instructions I have about four seconds for each step to enter the command. In reality, it was two seconds. It took several attempts before I was able to complete the keypad sequence.

Couple of questions, is Onkyo planning to post this firmware update on their website, and secondly, I have an Onkyo TX-NR905 which still has the same issue. I know the 906 firmware CD will NOT work on the 905 (since the filenames are completely different). Are you planning to release a firmware update to fix the TX-NR905 as well?

jon_s

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi jon_s,

I'm glad to hear that it worked. By the way we are sending you the disk for your TX-NR905 as we already have your information. As this is done on a case by case basis and there are limited customers that have this issue the link will not be put up.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HiHoStevo Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:06 pm

I am thrilled to hear about the update.... Whoopie.....

In addition to the Star Wars Blu-ray this also happens on the

How to Train your Dragon Blu-ray... almost at the end of the movie when the young man is closing/shutting/slamming the door... the Onkyo sends out this HUGE "Crack..." that sounds like it is going to completely torch my sub-woofers.

I have called in and hope to receive my update disc soon.

Thanks again for not forgetting about us ..!!
(early adopter... bought one of 1st NR905 to hit the USA)

HiHoStevo

Back to top Go down

When will there be a fix for the DTS HD Master bomb issue? Empty TX-876 DTS Bomb

Post  Hemooo Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:23 am

Hello,
My receiver 876 is also affected from various DTS bombs in Star Wars Blu-ray ( in addition to fairly distracting “pop” whenever pausing and resume in Tree of Life Blu-ray). I live in Saudi Arabia and the customer service have absolutely no idea about anything.
What should I do in this case? I need this DSP update so bad Crying or Very sad can you please provide a download link or mail it to me?? bounce

Hemooo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanboyz Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:25 am

You really should put a link because this issue is widespread. Everyone who has a 906 has it, they just might not know.
If you had a link you wouldn't have to waste manpower to deal with the calls would come.

Fanboyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanboyz Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Wil I get an e-mail confirming that my firmware disc has been sent or not?

Fanboyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next