Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UWF-1, MAC Address, and VTuner

2 posters

Go down

UWF-1, MAC Address, and VTuner Empty UWF-1, MAC Address, and VTuner

Post  NDRobinson Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi,

I just purchased a UWF-1 for use with my 609. The adapter works fine and I'm able to stream music from other DNLA devices in my network. However, I am unable to get VTuner to work -- when I select that option under NET it reports 'No Items Listed'. When I first brought the 609 home I hooked it up via Ethernet to get the firmware update and used VTuner then.

I noticed that when I have the UWF-1 plugged in, the MAC address in Setup/Network changes, which makes sense since it (the wireless adapter) is a different device (then the 609 on its own). If you go to the Onkyo VTuner portal thru a web browser, it recognizes the MAC address of the 609, but does not recognize the MAC address of the UWF-1.

If I unplug the UWF-1, then plug it back in, quickly go to VTuner I will get the file menus, until the hardware 'catches up' and updates the MAC address, at which point it goes back to the 'No Items Listed'. This seems to suggest that the MAC address of the UWF-1 is the culprit as VTuner doesn't recognize it. Is there a workaround for this, or something I'm missing? The only other option I see (besides drilling holes in my walls to run ethernet cable throughout the house) is to buy an accesspoint and connect the 609 to it via Ethernet, but that makes the UWF-1 redundant.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Nathan

P.S. The instructions on the Onkyo VTuner portal (http://onkyo.vtuner.com/) for using/signing-on with your Receiver ID are confusing -- I actually had to read the manual to figure out it was looking for the MAC address, not some Receiver ID hidden on some screen somewhere.

NDRobinson

Back to top Go down

UWF-1, MAC Address, and VTuner Empty Re: UWF-1, MAC Address, and VTuner

Post  NDRobinson Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:28 pm

UPDATE:

Another Onkyo user (thanks, Dawg!) on another thread pointed out that VTuner itself was having issues recently. So I tried again just now with the UWF-1 in, and it works today. So anyone else having issues with VTuner it may not be your setup or on your end.

As an interesting aside, today the web portal accepts the UWF-1 MAC address as well. So you seem to be able to create two 'profiles', one with the UWF-1 (wireless) and one without (ethernet). Which probably has no value whatsoever but thought I'd mention it.

Best,
Nathan

NDRobinson

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi NDRobinson,

We are going to test this on our end and will hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down