Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't register with vTuner

3 posters

Go down

Can't register with vTuner Empty Can't register with vTuner

Post  GerryC42 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 am

I just purchased aTX-8050 receiver. I've connected it to my home network via the Ethernet port. I can connect to my Pandora account, which seems to work fine. I can also activate the vTuner application and tune in Internet radio stations. However, I'm unable to register for an account on the Onkyo vTuner gateway. Entering the receiver's MAC address just bounces me into the station selection screen. There is no opportunity to register for an account. It's been this way for about a week.

Is the vTuner site accepting any new accounts? Or has Onkyo dropped its agreement with vTuner?

..Gerry

GerryC42

Back to top Go down

Can't register with vTuner Empty Re: Can't register with vTuner

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi GerryC42,

When you first enter into Vtuner in the net function and you scroll down to the end (Should be 12/12) an ID number should scroll across the display of the unit, this is the number you would use to register on the www.onkyo.vtuner.com website.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Can't register with vTuner Empty Can't register with Onkyo vTuner

Post  GerryC42 Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:04 pm

I've entered the number at least 20 times. I've never been given the opportunity to register for an account. Always just redirected to the main selection page. I can get stations via vTuner browser on the receiver. My Pandora account works.

GerryC42

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi GerryC42,

So you are seeiung the said number scrolling across the screen correct? If so and your computer is redirecting you to some place else then I would suggest a clearing of your cookies and or cache file. If you do not know how to do this then please consult your owners manual for the computer or contact the manufacturer of the device.
You are going to " http://onkyo.vtuner.com/setupapp/onkyo/asp/AuthLogin/SignIn.asp " to register correct?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GerryC42 Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 pm

I go to http://onkyo.vtuner.com/setupapp/onkyo/asp/AuthLogin/SignIn.asp " and enter the 12-digit number in the space provided, then click the arrow (enter) button. That doesn't take me to a sign-up screen, but takes me to the main screen where you can select stations. The vTuner site never displays an account sign-up screen where you can establish an account.

GerryC42

Back to top Go down

Can't register with vTuner Empty An easy way of finding the MAC address for your Onkyo Receiver

Post  transmaster Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:57 am

I am a very pleased new owner of a TX-NR709. I am listening to GotRadio Big Band and Swing via vTuner.
vTuner uses the unique MAC address of your receiver to enable your personal account. There is very simple way to find the MAC address for your Onkyo. Access your ethernet router. There you will find the MAC address listed in either the Wireless LAN roster if it is hooked up via WiFi or the LAN Computers roster if hard wired. The Onkyo's MAC address is not titled. On D-link routers this info is found on the bottom of Device Information page. This will also work with DSL and Cable Modems however some of then are locked so they cannot be accessed at home. The way around it to purchase a dedicated ethernet router. I have a D-Link DIR-655 and it works great.

To Onkyo coders it would be real nice if you coded the MAC address so it would list a title, which would make it real easy to find in the device rosters.

Hope this helps

transmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi GerryC42,

Once you enter the ID#, on the left side of the next page it will allow you to create an account.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  transmaster Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:00 am

Once I copied down the MAC address for my NR709 from my router and entered in my account was activated. I am curious is Onkyo ever going to add iHeart Radio to the listening choices. I want to listen to KFI but I can't get it to play via my added favorites. I suppose iHeart has this blocked.

transmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:14 am

Hi transmaster,
We are glad you were finally able to access your inernet radio. As far as iHeart radio is concered we do not have that information at this time, but we will forward your request to the right department. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GerryC42 Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks everyone for the comments. I never get a sign-up screen! I know that the format of the MAC address is correctly read, as if I deliberately delete a digit, the vTuner site flags it. Assuming that the vTuner site is working now, the only thing I can think of is that the MAC address of this particular receiver has been previously registered. Perhaps the receiver was returned to the dealer after a short trial.

I've sent an email to vTuner to ask them to delete any registration they have for the MAC address of this receiver. However, since I've emailed them previously and gotten no reply, I'm not too hopeful.

..Gerry

GerryC42

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi GerryC42,

I've tested this in our lab and found that after you put ID number in (Without putting in an email address or anything) and press the arrow button on the next page it does allow you to create an account. I would try a reset of the receiver as this should wipe out any logins in the receiver. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  transmaster Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:18 am

I compared the MAC address shown on the Onkyo's display with what is logged on my router and there is a difference. On the display it shows up like this; ID#XXXXXXXXXX however on my router it is logged as XX:XX:XX:XX:XX I entered the MAC address as logged by my router on the account setup at the vTuner website and it was excepted. I have been very pleased with vTuner, I even was able to directly enter a couple of Clear channel stations, KFI and KOA the only trouble I had was getting the correct URL entered.

transmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  GerryC42 Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:22 am

I tried resetting the receiver (TX-8050 uses Tuning Mode/On-Standby). No change. Still can't get vTuner site to offer to setup an account.
The vTuner site acknowledges my ID# (MAC address).
I've entered it 1) the way displayed on the receiver 2) the way it appears on my router 3) all numbers/characters with no delimiters.
Still can't setup an account with vTuner.

Still think the problem is at the vTuner site: that my ID# has been used previously. I've never gotten an acknowledgment from vTuner.

..Gerry

GerryC42

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi GerryC42,

As I've suggested before, we were able to enter the ID# and after the arrow was pressed we were able to use the "Create account" information on the next page. Maybe the folks over at vtuner can assist you further with this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GerryC42 Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Just an update: I haven't been able to setup an account at vTuner yet. Apparently, my new TX-8050 receiver has been registered previously with vTuner. They are trying to figure out how to reset or cancel the existing account. Now how a new receiver (or its ID#) could be previously registered is an interesting question.

GerryC42

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi GerryC42,

That is an interesting question but unfortunately once it's registered with Vtuner they have to either edit or cancel it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  transmaster Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:20 pm

GerryC42 wrote:Just an update: I haven't been able to setup an account at vTuner yet. Apparently, my new TX-8050 receiver has been registered previously with vTuner. They are trying to figure out how to reset or cancel the existing account. Now how a new receiver (or its ID#) could be previously registered is an interesting question.

I sounds like you where sold an "open box special" and they didn't tell you. If this is the case I would demand a new receiver.

transmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down