Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR608 with Polk Audio Surroundbar 50

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR608 with Polk Audio Surroundbar 50 Empty TX-SR608 with Polk Audio Surroundbar 50

Post  triton22 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 am

I have a tx-sr608 amplifier with a polk audio surroundbar 50 and a polk audio 14inch sub. I am trying to find the best settings to make the surround sound really clear.
I find the surround sound to poor quality. Either alot of bass and low voices or high voices and low bass. This soundbar acts like surroundsound speakers and takes the speaker wires from the amplifier directly into the back of it. ITs setup for 5.1 surround sound and the since I use the other 7.1 terminals for my zone 2 home speakers.

Also what should I set the audio output settings on my ps3 to the txsr608 amp (they are connected by hdmi)

Any ideas and suggestions would be great.

triton22

Back to top Go down

TX-SR608 with Polk Audio Surroundbar 50 Empty Re: TX-SR608 with Polk Audio Surroundbar 50

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Have you tried setting the AUDIO OUTPUT of the PS3 to DOLBY DIGITAL and LPCM 5.1/ 7.1? Have you also tinkered with the LEVEL CALIBRATION option of the receiver to confirm the soundbar is accepting and outputting all speaker channels as well?

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down