Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote not working with ipod and ht-r590...

3 posters

Go down

Remote not working with ipod and ht-r590... Empty Remote not working with ipod and ht-r590...

Post  justin_beerd Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows why or how to fix this problem. I have my iPod hooked up to the receiver with the usb cable and I have the iPod menu up on the tv screen but I can't navigate the menu with the remote. I have to go sit on the floor in front of the receiver and scroll through with the buttons on the front of the receiver. Please help!!!

justin_beerd

Back to top Go down

Remote not working with ipod and ht-r590... Empty Re: Remote not working with ipod and ht-r590...

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi justin_beerd,
Do you hit the USB Mode button on the remote before trying to control the iPod?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Remote not working with ipod and ht-r590... Empty Re: Remote not working with ipod and ht-r590...

Post  justin_beerd Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

yes I did try that. I can use the play, pause, stop, fast forward and rewind buttons and most of the other ones but for some reason I can't scroll through my music at all with the remote. It seems weird that I can't do that.

justin_beerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Straves Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm having the same problem, actually it's worst, because i can't even do it through the front panel...
I don't know what's happening!

Straves

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi Straves,

By pressing the "Mode" button right above the number 3 button and putting the iPod in extended mode you should be able navigate iPods menu. I have tested this in our lab and it does in fact let me navigate the menu on our iPod.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Straves Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 am

Yes, I did try that, but see what's happening is, I can't push the "mode" button, I've already tried pushing "USB" first, but nothing happens. It keeps showing this message on the TV screen: "Push "MODE" button to switch to extended mode."
Thanks for your time

Straves

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi Straves,

I tested this again with the same results, it works. Either that remote is not working properly or the receiver is not relaying the command correctly. At this point the only I can suggest is to have a service center perform further evaluations on that.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down