Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R390 Hummmmm

2 posters

Go down

HT-R390 Hummmmm Empty HT-R390 Hummmmm

Post  ZENYO Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

I purchased an HT-R390 in January and after a couple of days there was a humming coming from the sub. Tech Support suggested I try different outlets in the house, I did but the hum was still there. I returned it for a replacement and the hum returned also.... So I ran my heavy duty 75' RV extension chord from my workshop (In the basement, opposite end of the house) up to the receiver and plugged it in... Hum Gone! This is great but I don't want an RV extension chord running through my home! What can I do? My Yamaha didn't have this issue in the same plug... Am I SOL?

Thanks!

ZENYO

Back to top Go down

HT-R390 Hummmmm Empty Re: HT-R390 Hummmmm

Post  ZENYO Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 pm

I just installed a new power outlet and that didn't help. Any thoughts?

ZENYO

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Please refer to the PRESS RELEASE regarding the issue with your receiver and follow the instructions to having your unit serviced: http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=253. If you are unable to have this processed from this weblink, please contact our Product Support department for further assistance.

You will need to provide the serial number (usually located on the shipping box of the receiver or in the rear of the receiver). It is written on a white sticker and usually is written in this format: (# # # D _ # # # # # # # # # _ ). Please verify the correct serial number for your receiver ( # # # # D D# # # # # # # # # A). If you are still experiencing any issues; please contact the FORUM MODERATOR at the following email (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com).

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ZENYO Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks Moderator!

I just checked my serial # and unfortunately the serial # checker reported the following - "Your receiver does not need this update." That's to bad because I'm expereiencin both conditioons on this recall.

• When powering on the unit, the unit will turn on then turn off automatically
• Static Noise emitted from speakers at low volume level
(The above mentioned defect(s) are not safety related)

Thanks,
Allan

ZENYO

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Please review your PM and reply back to the email address indicated; as I will process this service ticket and arrange for a box and label to be shipped to your address. This will allow you to ship your receiver to our authorized regional service center for servicing and testing. Upon QC approval; your receiver will be shipped back to you promptly and your issue will be resolved.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down