Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo HT-R590 home theater producing no sound

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo HT-R590 home theater producing no sound Empty Onkyo HT-R590 home theater producing no sound

Post  mlackner Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:09 am

I just had an onkyo home theater system professionally installed a few days ago. Now...there is no sound coming out and the lighton the subwoofer remians red so I know it is not getting an input signal. I have not touched any wores, plugs, etc....and I have not changed any settings. Simply turned system on and off and now it does not prodcue sound. Could it be a simple setting I am over looking...or is there another reason that input signals are not being sent to speakers?

mlackner

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HT-R590 home theater producing no sound Empty Re: Onkyo HT-R590 home theater producing no sound

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 am

Hi mlackner,
was there sound right after the unit was installed? Did the installer run audyssey to calibrate the speakers? If not here is a video we have made on how to do audyssey, some information can vary depending on what receiver you have, but it will help to be a guideline for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Dd1CXNQGk&list=PLCD4593F66DC5D23C&index=7&feature=plpp_video

If audyssey was already setup or if running it does not correct the issue the next thing I would like for you to try would be to test the speakers and the speaker wires. Please try to connect the speakers using new or different speaker wires. If that does not work please let us know so we can troubleshoot the situation further, thank you for contacting product support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HT-R590 home theater producing no sound Empty Re: Onkyo HT-R590 home theater producing no sound

Post  mlackner Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Everything worked fine the first couple of days. I do not know if the technician ran Audessey...I only know the system ran perfectly for two days, and then yesterday...all of a sudden there was no sound. Everything else seems to work fine...the TV gets a clear picture, etc. Again..I noticed the subwoofer speaker remains "red" which tells me it is not sensing an input signal from the receiver. None of the speakers have any sound...so I do not think it is a wiring issue...it would not be likely that all speaker wires went bad at the same time. I have not tampered with any wires, settings,etc. I did check to make sure that all wiring, plugs, etc are secure.

I will not be home until later tonight to run the Audessy check...but I assume the technician did it since the system worked fine for two days and produced great sound.

I just thought that I may be overlooking something very simple and only needed to hit a button somewhere to fix it. Other than that...I can only figure it is a relay in the receiver or some other electronic component that is not sending out signals as it is designed to do.

mlackner

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi mlackner,
Since the unit was working fine for the first few days, to determine where the issue lies (either the wires, the speakers, or the receiver) there are few steps we can take. Running through audyssey again may correct the issue if not....The next would be to test the wires either by using new or different speaker wires. If that does not work please let us know so we can try the next step, thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down